Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V Battery Failure Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you make them mad at you in particular? They text me back when I submit a work ticket. We coordinate date and time, and issue and chitchat. Then they use the same text when the car is ready. And its still good/open for about 24 hours after the work was completed and I picked up the car. After that, I have to start over.

Did you make them mad at you in particular? They text me back when I submit a work ticket. We coordinate date and time, and issue and chitchat. Then they use the same text when the car is ready. And its still good/open for about 24 hours after the work was completed and I picked up the car. After that, I have to start over.
Not in the slightest, in person they answer all questions and communicate well. Not answering Text or calls is just the typical poor service Tesla is known for.

Welcome to tesla newbies!!!!! They sell you the car with the preconception that it is maintenance free and the service dept has no clue on how it works. Then they blame you for installing "aftermarket" stuff like a 1A dash cam which "might" f_uck up the entire car. Or a subwoofer which (god forbid) draws CURRENT from the battery. Hopefully you are under warranty (#magnusonmoss) but if not you will sign a waiver that says F you we dont care

I was walking in my neighborhood yesterday and talked to a neighbor who also had a model 3. The service truck was there replacing the battery. He had no warning messages. I had been through 4 batteries in my wife’s S. Each time I got a warning.
This morning I went to get in my 3 and it was also dead with no warning. I drove it yesterday and it was fine.
Interesting, both us us just updated to the new software, 2020.12.5
I am convinced this is a software issue. DO NOT UPDATE.

John
I'm curious why all the reports of failing batteries so far are in Florida? Is it the humidity? Is it the iguanas? :D

Anyway here is a pic of how they got my car...

Anyone have more information on that robotic tow device used to load the car on the flatbed? I've never seen or heard of this thing and it looks amazing. Would like to find out more about it, i.e. Can I get one for my garage $$$$$ ;) ?
tow.png

Anyone have more information on that robotic tow device used to load the car on the flatbed? I've never seen or heard of this thing and it looks amazing. Would like to find out more about it, i.e. Can I get one for my garage $$$$$ ;) ?
View attachment 535324

Betcha Hookit: for all things towed. would give you an immediate answer.

Or better, Antolini's Tracked Vehicles > Tracked tow truck > EasTract appears to be exactly it... I plugged "tracked toronto tow" into duckduckgo.com

I get to work from home. It's like a dream come true. I could have always worked from home, but the company prefers we go into the office. I'm loving it. My house is like a resort. I was on a conference call this afternoon from the pool.

On the flip side, company is losing business. Shortfall of about 100 million and they plan to take it out of contractors and cutting projects. So this is about to get ugly, real fast.

Being doing this roughly for the past 10 years, both the work at home and the "uncertain" job. They always seem like they will go under, but somehow they never do.

My co-worker posted this meme.

image.png