Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v battery horror story

Bet TSLA

Dec 8, 2014
Cupertino, CA
Elon, this happened to my second Tesla I owned. My 12 volt died 5 days ago. I called West Palm Beach FL service center person, Richard, who told me there were no batteries @ service center and he would not order one for me. Strange i thought - he wouldn't order one. I ordered one from Ohmmu and it should be here in 2 days. So much for great Tesla service... Elon, I hope you take note of this. AND I also probably lost out on a partial warranty replacement. I guess I will really re think about another Tesla. Service response was terrible....

smatthew

Jun 9, 2018
CA Bay Area
Elon, this happened to my second Tesla I owned. My 12 volt died 5 days ago. I called West Palm Beach FL service center person, Richard, who told me there were no batteries @ service center and he would not order one for me. Strange i thought - he wouldn't order one. I ordered one from Ohmmu and it should be here in 2 days. So much for great Tesla service... Elon, I hope you take note of this. AND I also probably lost out on a partial warranty replacement. I guess I will really re think about another Tesla. Service response was terrible....
They probably already have them on order, so ordering one specifically for you would have been redundant. The Ohmmu battery is an expensive joke....

MagnusMako

Jan 29, 2019
Austin, TX
They probably already have them on order, so ordering one specifically for you would have been redundant. The Ohmmu battery is an expensive joke....

I'd imagine they are aircraft grade just like the MPP one's, they have built in BMS, last 3x as long and have a wider operating range. Have had mine from MPP for nearly a year now and zero issues, while the car weighs 25 pounds less to boot. I have no regrets buying one of these as they work exactly as intended.

David M3P

Apr 2, 2020
Spain
Hello TheSocey,

As the model 3 does the pre-charge (I mean the powering up of condensers and so on) through the 12 V battery and the DC/DC in boost mode, you couldn't drive. The front controller is a bridge between the DC/DC and the Lead acid battery, so any of those components were faulty and they changed all the implied ones so make sense.

I can say that is not a fast work as I did reverse engineering to one model 3.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC