Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V battery issue fixed by software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I left this late morning my one week old 100D (MCU2) showed the "12 V Battery Replacement Warning...". I called local Denver service center to start the repair process. They offered was to send a Ranger out and they would call to set up a convenient day and time. Within 20 minutes of my call, I see the update indicator show up while I'm driving. I think to myself I bet the battery issue is a software problem. When I go to my meeting thinking I've got plenty of time to get the update done, so I trigger it. While I'm in the meeting I see Tesla Service is calling. Although I don't like to interrupt a meeting for a call I think I'd like to know why Tesla is calling. They were calling to let me know they thought the solution was software and an update to the software/firmware was sent to the car. They wanted to let me know they had sent one to the car. This all occurred within one hour of my initial call to service.

After the update to version 2018.12.5 I no longer have the battery warning and I no longer need a visit from the ranger. This is just incredible service.

By the way. This proves that software updates can be sent over the cellular network and updates can be updated when the battery is showing an error.

I’m on 10.6 with a 2 week old new MCU car and I just had the 12V message displayed with service battery soon. Unfortunately the battery is two weeks out and my advisor is anaware of a software update. Said the Technician will know on Tuesday when they’re out for a separate issue