Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v battery just kicked the bucket!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well guys my 12v battery just kicked the bucket it came upon n the dash saying 12v battery low car is shutting down and pull over safely!! But with my luck I'm 3 hours away from a tesla service center becuase I was taking a trip and it happened please wish US luck guys I will get back to you when they get here!!

Attachments

• IMG_3682~2.jpg
    IMG_3682~2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,071
Hmm, not sure I understand why it would tell you to pull over. If the 12 V has degraded to a point where it can't hold a charge, then why doesn't the car simply keep the contactors and DC/DC fully engaged? Sure, vampire drain will suffer horribly, but it beats having to flat bed the car to a SvC.

I Know right but I really did kick the bucket but my parents model s hasent kicked the bucket yet but mine has they have a 85D and I have the P85D every time I get my car something bad always happens to it like my 2013 Audi S8 awesome performance but I wrecked it like 4 times air bags never deployed thank God I know the dealership got tired of me and also the sunroof terrible got stuck once opened by it self but I'm just not happy right now ugh!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, not sure I understand why it would tell you to pull over. If the 12 V has degraded to a point where it can't hold a charge, then why doesn't the car simply keep the contactors and DC/DC fully engaged? Sure, vampire drain will suffer horribly, but it beats having to flat bed the car to a SvC.

Well I'm not sure either the car warning message said that but I was lucky enough to get the car in parking lot and I'm in this restaurant wating me and my brother wating why today car why??? And tesla told me they recommend that I not drive the car at al!!!

Also, I've never heard of anyone saying that the car asks them to pull over when the 12V battery is low. Based on what I know of how the Model S works, that doesn't make sense. When the main pack contactors are engaged, the main pack feeds the DC-DC converter to feed aux systems and charge the 12V battery. I can't understand why a low 12V battery would require that the car be stopped--it shouldn't affect the drivetrain at all. At least, that's how I understand it.

I know now this is a fraudulent pic I wasn't in my car to take a picture anyways so just to let you know I wasn't saying this was my dash anyways did you see me say anything about this being my dash so yeah just to let you know I'm not trying to steal other peoples pics of their own TESLA that's wrong I just found a picture online and said ohh "This is exactly what my dash says" WOW I didn't know people here got into big fights over a freaking dashboard picture from TESLARATI.com I mean like wow there is no reason for me to sit here and say ohh guys look at my dash WOW!!!! I still didn't know people jump to conclusions here as quick as that but now I know that if I have to post something on a tesla website I will go to the real tesla website becuase there would be no reason for you to say anything like that I mean "Did you just catch a fraudulent post" like Im not stupid I obviously know that this is not my car anyways like I'm actually done!!! Looks like I'll be keeping my Model s issues to my-self and the tesla service center!!!!

When you post that your car has a problem and post a picture of a dashboard with a service message, I don't think it's too far a leap when we assume it to be a picture of your dashboard.

If you can forgive us, we will forgive your lack of punctuation. I'm sure people would be interested if you post what the issue turned out to be that caused a 12V battery warning with a message to pull over. That's not what has happened with the 12V battery messages previously reported.

I know now this is a fraudulent pic I wasn't in my car to take a picture anyways so just to let you know I wasn't saying this was my dash anyways did you see me say anything about this being my dash so yeah just to let you know I'm not trying to steal other peoples pics of their own TESLA that's wrong I just found a picture online and said ohh "This is exactly what my dash says" WOW I didn't know people here got into big fights over a freaking dashboard picture from TESLARATI.com I mean like wow there is no reason for me to sit here and say ohh guys look at my dash WOW!!!! I still didn't know people jump to conclusions here as quick as that but now I know that if I have to post something on a tesla website I will go to the real tesla website becuase there would be no reason for you to say anything like that I mean "Did you just catch a fraudulent post" like Im not stupid I obviously know that this is not my car anyways like I'm actually done!!! Looks like I'll be keeping my Model s issues to my-self and the tesla service center!!!!

Your post implied the picture was of your vehicle, whether you intended it that way or not. Your reaction to people pointing this out is a bit overblown, considering what was said. I would also like to point out that you haven't been on this forum long, you posted a question 3 weeks ago about 12v battery health, and then all of a sudden yours goes out without warning... Some people might consider that suspect.

This is a forum, people troll them all the time. In fact, it happens here more than other forums I've participated in. So, don't get upset if people note discrepancies in posts from new users.

Also, I've never heard of anyone saying that the car asks them to pull over when the 12V battery is low. Based on what I know of how the Model S works, that doesn't make sense. When the main pack contactors are engaged, the main pack feeds the DC-DC converter to feed aux systems and charge the 12V battery. I can't understand why a low 12V battery would require that the car be stopped--it shouldn't affect the drivetrain at all. At least, that's how I understand it.

Right, you echoed the same point I made in post #3 of this thread:

Just an observation. It's really difficult to understand what you're trying to say when you don't use punctuation. It looks like you're having a valid issue, and I'm interested. It's just difficult with long run-on sentences. :)