Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V Battery Replacement Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon said they were changing Model S and X to 12v lithium batteries instead of the current lead acid with the refresh.

So add that to the list of refresh changes. Maybe we won’t need annual battery replacement in the future.

I’m happy for a battery with better longevity, but “annual battery replacement”?

I did replace the original battery in 2015 after just a few months when the car was new and it was swapped to some “marine deep charge whatever xxx” battery, and still using that one 5 years later...

I’m happy for a battery with better longevity, but “annual battery replacement”?

I did replace the original battery in 2015 after just a few months when the car was new and it was swapped to some “marine deep charge whatever xxx” battery, and still using that one 5 years later...

I have a 2013 Model S that is almost 8 years old. I am now on the 6th battery. I don't have any ICE cars that eat batteries like this.

• Informative
Reactions: thebishop
I have a 2013 Model S that is almost 8 years old. I am now on the 6th battery. I don't have any ICE cars that eat batteries like this.

My '13 and '14 S60's are both on their second 12v, I suppose I simply have done better than most, but I received 5+ years out of the original battery on both cars. My 2006 Chevy Trailblazer, on the other hand, is on its 6th battery now.