Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V Battery Replacement Notice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received the notice that my late 2016 X90D 12v battery requires replacement soon. I would like to know from those who have experienced this how long you can drive until the battery completely dies and the car loses some functionality. I have searched the forum looking for an answer but could not locate an answer to this particular question. I scheduled an appointment for replacement with Tesla but their next Mobile Service tech is not available for two more weeks. I do have a backup vehicle (F150) but would prefer not to use it as it does not accommodate car seats.

I managed to drive around with that message in front of me for two and a half months in 2017. This month I got the replacement done by a Mobile Service technician after three weeks of the same.
You're fine.

I managed to drive around with that message in front of me for two and a half months in 2017. This month I got the replacement done by a Mobile Service technician after three weeks of the same.
You're fine.
I don't know about that. On my sister's 2016 MS, she called support and they said they like to get to it within a week although they quoted same as other poster above that 2 weeks should be fine. By they time they got to sister's home 5 days later, the car was undriveable. So I guess it would depend on the state of the battery.