Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V battery replacement options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should have been clearer the extended warranty on my 2013 Model S declined to cover the battery which was replaced under warranty March 6, 2017 when the vehicle was 40 months old. My original post states Tesla has declined to cover cost to replace my 12v battery.

My 8 year extended warranty expires December 2021. Was said to cover everything the standard 4 year warranty covered but the documents disappeared from the MyTesla page and I can not find my downloaded copy.

While not Model Y specific, it appears to be universal Tesla policy.
That you drive a Model S explains why the replacement cost is $257.92. In the Model 3, Model Y it is very easy to access to the 12V battery when the 12V needs to be changed. I believe the price quoted to an Model 3 owner was approximately $135 - $140.

That you drive a Model S explains why the replacement cost is $257.92. In the Model 3, Model Y it is very easy to access to the 12V battery when the 12V needs to be changed. I believe the price quoted to an Model 3 owner was approximately $135 - $140.
Labor was $72 of the $257.92.

Declined the estimate. Ordered an Ohmmu. Mounted several tubeless motorcycle tires last week, I can install a battery.

Am hoping to get a better battery, less trouble, for the $150 extra. Also saving a day trip 92 miles each way to the Service Center. Soonest mobile service appointment would have been April 20, over 3 weeks.

My 12v warning appeared yesterday.
Cost estimate: $257.92​
Approving your estimate ahead of time speeds up your service visit. You will not be charged at this time.​

What about my extended warranty which expires in December 2021?
Greetings, this is the Tesla Service Center in Nashville. Unfortunately the 12V is considered maintenance and is not covered under the extended service agreement.​
Not a happy camper.
That’s weird I just had mine replaced under warranty ant the Orlando service center 19 model 3. Even the estimate before I took it in said $0.