Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V battery replacement options

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
I should have been clearer the extended warranty on my 2013 Model S declined to cover the battery which was replaced under warranty March 6, 2017 when the vehicle was 40 months old. My original post states Tesla has declined to cover cost to replace my 12v battery.

My 8 year extended warranty expires December 2021. Was said to cover everything the standard 4 year warranty covered but the documents disappeared from the MyTesla page and I can not find my downloaded copy.

While not Model Y specific, it appears to be universal Tesla policy.
That you drive a Model S explains why the replacement cost is $257.92. In the Model 3, Model Y it is very easy to access to the 12V battery when the 12V needs to be changed. I believe the price quoted to an Model 3 owner was approximately $135 - $140.

N4HHE

Oct 15, 2013
Madison, AL
That you drive a Model S explains why the replacement cost is $257.92. In the Model 3, Model Y it is very easy to access to the 12V battery when the 12V needs to be changed. I believe the price quoted to an Model 3 owner was approximately $135 - $140.
Labor was $72 of the $257.92.

Declined the estimate. Ordered an Ohmmu. Mounted several tubeless motorcycle tires last week, I can install a battery.

Am hoping to get a better battery, less trouble, for the $150 extra. Also saving a day trip 92 miles each way to the Service Center. Soonest mobile service appointment would have been April 20, over 3 weeks.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC