Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V battery replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering how soon have MX owners had to replace the 12V battery ? I just got a warning from our 2016 MX75D that the battery should be replaced soon. The car is always garaged and plugged in when not in use. This just seems too soon to have to replace a battery.

Wondering how soon have MX owners had to replace the 12V battery ? I just got a warning from our 2016 MX75D that the battery should be replaced soon. The car is always garaged and plugged in when not in use. This just seems too soon to have to replace a battery.

Picked my MX up about a week and a half ago and just got the message. Was told some 3rd party apps tend to drain the battery and you have 3-4 weeks of useability before it gets to a critical level. Needless to say they’re replacing it next week.

Have you experienced any vampire draw when not plug in? What is the usual setting (on/off) for "Energy saving"?

Reactions: WINGIT
I have "energy saving" on and usually see a vampire drain of around 3-4 miles when plugged in overnight. Haven't seen too much of a difference when not plugged in.
One of my fellow here has the similar situation as yours.
As for me, I had a vampire drain of 12 miles per day before Nov. last year regardless of the setting. But now the car only draw less than 1 mile per day when I set "energy saving" on.
I suspect that the "12 battery service" message has something to do with the vampire drain.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Just sharing. In 3 years we had 2 batteries replaced by Tesla. Just had our 3'rd message popup and this time the decision was made to upgrade the 12v lead acid battery with the 12v Ohmmu lipo from Amazon. 12V Lithium Battery for Tesla... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K4X289T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share.
I replaced it myself after watching video on YT on how to do this. It is pricey and may not be for everyone. Don't know if it's going to last longer, we will see. But this is what I observed after install. My lights seem brighter and don't seem to fade so night driving and high beams are awesome. The premium sound seems a lot stronger and bass sounds are noticeably better. Your results may vary, but others have told me this aswell. Lead acid versus lipo 12v battery you will get more charge cycles and stronger current longer per charge, but we Tesla owners know this already with our large packs. So I can say that I am now happy to get the lead out.

• Informative
Reactions: J__T