Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v battery upgrade - worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect there will be other players in the aftermarket 12V Li batteries for various EVs as time progresses. The Ohmuu battery I bought for my Model Y Perf wasn't cheap, and it discharges fairly frequently causing an error to show up. Whether it be from my kids use of the car's onboard entertainment features, or through voltage fluctuations caused by over the air updates, I'm not sure. The Ohmuu is light however, and it's a worthwhile performance investment. If you buy an Ohmuu, have a trickle charger, like those from Dakota Lithium to bring the level back up to around 13.6V as needed. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but one thing that bugs me about Ohmuu, is they never responded to my e-mail about the problems I was having. Disregarding customer inquries are ok with their company.

I suspect there will be other players in the aftermarket 12V Li batteries for various EVs as time progresses. The Ohmuu battery I bought for my Model Y Perf wasn't cheap, and it discharges fairly frequently causing an error to show up. Whether it be from my kids use of the car's onboard entertainment features, or through voltage fluctuations caused by over the air updates, I'm not sure. The Ohmuu is light however, and it's a worthwhile performance investment. If you buy an Ohmuu, have a trickle charger, like those from Dakota Lithium to bring the level back up to around 13.6V as needed. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but one thing that bugs me about Ohmuu, is they never responded to my e-mail about the problems I was having. Disregarding customer inquries are ok with their company.
I haven't had any problems. How old is the battery?