Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V failing :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
I got a 12V failing notification on the app and a bunch of errors in car.Trying to get ranger to come by ASAP but app is forcing SC appt next week :(

I don't want to risk being stranded by driving it. Should I try calling for roadside service?

I would contact roadside assistance to avoid getting stranded. When I started seeing those messages in our 2018 Model 3, I think the battery died the next day, so it won't be long. Fortunately it happened while my car was parked at home, and the ranger came out the next day. It took him about 10 minutes to replace the battery (under warranty).

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
A recent firmware update handles failed 12V more gracefully than it used to before. Now when the battery dies, the car will avoid going to sleep so you'll never be locked out, this of course slowly drains the traction battery but it's better than getting locked out of your car!

Good to know. So maybe I can drive it around today. I'm just picking up my kid so I can even keep the car "running" like ICE

The other errors are that some functions are restricted "to prevent drain"