Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sorry; guess I'm missing something. Are we talking about the same thing? I didn't have to remove a light harness; nor was it only "two 13 mm bolts and two 8 mm bolts holding the tub in."

I don't want to disagree, but I'm having difficulty understanding ....[/QUOTE]

I have to remove the entire frunk tub. On my 2015 you have to remove the liner which means first unplugging the light and interior exit button. Then you have to push harness rubber grommet through the tub. Undo the two 13mm bolts near the back and the two 8mm bolts near the front. Then the entire tub lifts out.

Just like this:

But you don't remove the side trim hood stops like this guy did. The trim pulls off over them. If you remove the stops, then you have to readjust them to where the were and it's not necessary to take them off. The side trim pieces come off in about 5 seconds each that way.

@sorka ;

OK. Thanks. Now I get it. You were working on a later Model S than mine. When Tesla started offering AWD Model S, the 12v battery was moved to the center (and the "microwave" storage area in the frunk was lost due to the new front motor).

In the earlier models (mine is an early 2013 RWD), the battery is crammed into a very small area on the passenger side. And it is a pain to get into!

So --- all good here. Now I understand why our experiences were different.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
@sorka ;

OK. Thanks. Now I get it. You were working on a later Model S than mine. When Tesla started offering AWD Model S, the 12v battery was moved to the center (and the "microwave" storage area in the frunk was lost due to the new front motor).

In the earlier models (mine is an early 2013 RWD), the battery is crammed into a very small area on the passenger side. And it is a pain to get into!

So --- all good here. Now I understand why our experiences were different.

so many things have changed from a 2013, it might as well 3-4 generations behind