Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V Lithium battery from BattMobile experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

widodh

Model S 100D and Y LR
Jan 23, 2011
Venlo, NL
Hi,

My 12V died in my Model S from 2013 and I'm looking at a replacement.

Found a thread on a drop-in Lithium: Lithium Ion 12v battery?

But is very generic, I am looking at this battery: BattMobile Batteries, Custom Lithium Batteries

Get your Lithium 12V battery right away and start experience the peace of mind of having the best technology and battery chemistry available. 48 month warranty when installed in a Tesla vehicle.

Get the LEAD out of your Electric Vehicle, upgrade your 12V accessory battery to Lithium! Save weight and rest assured that your battery will perform as it was intended to in your vehicle!

This is a direct replacement for your OEM 12V accessory battery, no adapters or modifications are required.

Battery specifications include 10.0V to 14.4V operating range and TRUE 30Ah capacity, unlike our competitors in the Lithium battery market who use terms like Pb Equivalent (PbEq) or Lead-Acid Equivalent we are reporting the actual capacity of this battery as it will perform in the system we have specifically designed it for. (In terms of Lead Equivalent this battery would be ~100Ah)

Any experiences with this battery?

I live in the Netherlands where our summers are mild (max 30C) and winter aren't that harsh either (a few days of max -10C).

Is this battery worth the $395? Does it really work that well?

We live in the Pacific Northwest, it rarely gets very hot or very cold here, even milder than yours. However, I bought the car that was used as their test vehicle from Shawn. It has their prototype battery in it I've been driving it now for nearly a year. Certainly haven't had any problems. He had it in there for at least a year before that. But that was down to Phoenix. At least we know I can handle the heat!

Wow, love the miles you are racking up! that is brilliant! your cost per mile is so low on this car when you put in so many!
I purchased a 2014 P85D off this forum a month ago and unfortunately got the 12v warning light today. I was reading up on Ohmmu website and didn't see anything about a warranty. Can anyone shed some light on the warranty? I'm looking at the $419 battery. The normal C&D DCS-33UNCR DCS-33RIT battery is $130 so really want to know if it's worth forking out the extra ~$300. I would not want to have to replace to Ohmmu for a minimum of 5-10 years. I'm in Austin, Texas so hot summers and super mild winters.

I purchased a 2014 P85D off this forum a month ago and unfortunately got the 12v warning light today. I was reading up on Ohmmu website and didn't see anything about a warranty. Can anyone shed some light on the warranty? I'm looking at the $419 battery. The normal C&D DCS-33UNCR DCS-33RIT battery is $130 so really want to know if it's worth forking out the extra ~$300. I would not want to have to replace to Ohmmu for a minimum of 5-10 years. I'm in Austin, Texas so hot summers and super mild winters.

The warranty is 100% coverage for 48 months when installed in a Tesla. But expectations are that it would last 5-10 years in the vehicle. Especially in Austin with relatively mild climate (in terms of cold, the heat is not as hard on the LiFe chemistry as the extreme cold would be) you should have a battery that lasts a very long time!

Do these get installed at a service center? Not crazy about doing it myself but not sure if the service centers will touch a third party battery.
I just got off the phone with my local Tesla center. The guy on the phone told me the 12 volt replacement for their standard 12 volt battery is around $260...with the battery costing $180 shipped I'm probably just going to let them take care of it. Since my car isn't registered yet and don't have it linked to my Tesla account, they advisor said I have to drive to the service center in person and talk to the manager and ask if they would swap out the 12 volt battery before my account is linked to the car. I don't see why they wouldn't do it since my registration paperwork could take another month to get and my 12 volt replacement notice came on yesterday.

I did call a few local mobile battery mechanics, and a few of them said they've swapped out the 12 volt in Teslas before, but they'd charge me the same price as Tesla...I guess you get the convenience of them coming to you, but I'd just prefer Tesla doing it in my opinion. I do want to buy the Ohmmu battery, but hard to spend over $400 on a 12 volt battery IMO that is still new to the market and doesn't have a lot of reviews/testimonies from Tesla owners who have it installed.

I just got off the phone with my local Tesla center. The guy on the phone told me the 12 volt replacement for their standard 12 volt battery is around $260...with the battery costing $180 shipped I'm probably just going to let them take care of it. Since my car isn't registered yet and don't have it linked to my Tesla account, they advisor said I have to drive to the service center in person and talk to the manager and ask if they would swap out the 12 volt battery before my account is linked to the car. I don't see why they wouldn't do it since my registration paperwork could take another month to get and my 12 volt replacement notice came on yesterday.

I did call a few local mobile battery mechanics, and a few of them said they've swapped out the 12 volt in Teslas before, but they'd charge me the same price as Tesla...I guess you get the convenience of them coming to you, but I'd just prefer Tesla doing it in my opinion. I do want to buy the Ohmmu battery, but hard to spend over $400 on a 12 volt battery IMO that is still new to the market and doesn't have a lot of reviews/testimonies from Tesla owners who have it installed.

Ohmmu is starting to build relationships with installers, they have one in San Diego, Phoenix, NorthEastern USA, SouthEastern USA... But nothing in Texas yet!

Understand on the "new to market" fear, reviews have been good but Ohmmu is still young, perhaps on your next 12V (since it is likely just a year or two away from now) you will be more confident with them!

The price, I believe, is justified by the savings in future battery swaps (buying one battery being equal to buying 2 or 3 plus installation time/cost for each)...

Ohmmu is starting to build relationships with installers, they have one in San Diego, Phoenix, NorthEastern USA, SouthEastern USA... But nothing in Texas yet!

Understand on the "new to market" fear, reviews have been good but Ohmmu is still young, perhaps on your next 12V (since it is likely just a year or two away from now) you will be more confident with them!

The price, I believe, is justified by the savings in future battery swaps (buying one battery being equal to buying 2 or 3 plus installation time/cost for each)...
I just got back from my Tesla service center here in Austin and made an appointment for them to swap it out tomorrow morning. Total cost before tax is right around $230. I did show them the Ohmmu battery and asked the service people at the desk if they've heard of it. They were all very curious and impressed with this battery. I told them they need to get on it & start having these Ohmmu batteries as an upgraded option for people like me who take in their cars for the 12 volt replacement...I would 100% have bought an Ohmmu if you had a certified installer close to me. I appreciate all your help ElectricLove!

Keeping this in mind when my current battery fails. Unless Tesla replaced it with a “newer technology” one earlier this month, it will last 12-18 months before strange things start happening. The battery failure message happens 6 months later.

I have three years and 100,000 miles on my original battery, so this is far from foregone.