Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

13,600 miles and need new tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, have a 2018 S and 3 of my touring tires down to 2/32 and the other back tire, well its close to bald.
I know with launches, the weight of the car, and rough roads can wear it down. But damn, wasn't expecting that.
I have a tesla appointment coming up for HW3 upgrade, do they have in stock other tires than the eagle touring? Or should i get tires somewhere else?

15,000 mies max is what I'd expect from a car with high performance. If one tire is close to bald then it's a matter of alignment as well.

I disagree. I purchased my car used and still got a little over 17k miles on the tires it had. When I picked it up it had 7/32 and 6/32 on the tires. I’ve put 7500 on my new set and the tires are 8/32.

I’d guess it’s more of a crap tire (not a perf tire) AND bad alignment. FWIW I run Michelin pilot sport a/s 3+ 19”.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Picked up my car roughly 15 months ago with like-new (or actually new) 21” Michelin Pilot Super Sport staggered tires. Still about half tread left on the fronts, less in the rear.

Mostly highway mileage with a limited amount of Ludicrous activity.

If not for working from home the last four months, I would probably be at 25K on them and need new rears. Possibly all four.

Man, have a 2018 S and 3 of my touring tires down to 2/32 and the other back tire, well its close to bald.
I know with launches, the weight of the car, and rough roads can wear it down. But damn, wasn't expecting that.
I have a tesla appointment coming up for HW3 upgrade, do they have in stock other tires than the eagle touring? Or should i get tires somewhere else?

If there is no issue with the wheel alignment, this sounds like somebody had a ton of fun during those 13,600 miles! :D