Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

13.8 Kw solar panels with 2 inverters a 6kw and a 3.8kw inverter are not connected correctly to my Tesla gateway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
13.8 Kw solar panels with 2 inverters a 6kw and a 3.8kw inverter are not connected correctly to my Tesla gateway. One of my inverters is connected to my gateway (the 6w) and the 3.8 kw inverter is connected directly to my grid so if I have an extended power outage all of my panels are not going to charge my Tesla powerwall (my opinion is both inverters should go through the Tesla gateway). Does anyone know were the CTs for the Tesla gateway should be connected currently I have 3 different KW outputs the Sunrun app, Tesla app and the Solaredge app has 3 different readings. I have 1 CT on one incoming leg from my 6kw inverter (this is in the Tesla Gateway). The Tesla gateway has 2 large CTs built in and I have 2 CTs for the outgoing power (the 3.8kw inverter tied directly to my incoming mains has no additional Cts).

If you have one powerwall (which it sounds like you do, since you said "charge my tesla powerwall") it would be setup like you describe to prevent your PV from shutting down your powerwall in a power outage due to too much input.

If you have one powerwall, it sounds like its setup correctly to me. If you have more than one powerwall, then contact your installer for options.

Upvote 0
13.8 Kw solar panels with 2 inverters a 6kw and a 3.8kw inverter are not connected correctly to my Tesla gateway. One of my inverters is connected to my gateway (the 6w) and the 3.8 kw inverter is connected directly to my grid so if I have an extended power outage all of my panels are not going to charge my Tesla powerwall (my opinion is both inverters should go through the Tesla gateway). Does anyone know were the CTs for the Tesla gateway should be connected currently I have 3 different KW outputs the Sunrun app, Tesla app and the Solaredge app has 3 different readings. I have 1 CT on one incoming leg from my 6kw inverter (this is in the Tesla Gateway). The Tesla gateway has 2 large CTs built in and I have 2 CTs for the outgoing power (the 3.8kw inverter tied directly to my incoming mains has no additional Cts).
I have this exact same problem/configuration with Testa and I have 2 powerwalls. Did you ultimately get this resolved? If so what was the outcome, please?

Upvote 0
I have this exact same problem/configuration with Testa and I have 2 powerwalls. Did you ultimately get this resolved? If so what was the outcome, please?

The person you are referencing only made one post and created an account, logged in, made the post, and then has not been on TMC since that same day (august 7th 2022), so it is very unlikely they are going to answer you.

Upvote 0