Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

13 day order to delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order on March 26th, and my delivery estimate has been pretty steady around late May to mid-June. Currently May 26th - June 15th. I'm in Canada, and I ordered a M3P, so I don't expect to actually see it before mid-June quite frankly.
I ordered my model 3 performance on March 9 and at the time the website said 8-10 weeks. So then a couple of days after I ordered the car it told me an estimated delivery date of May-22-June1 and then a couple of days later it went from the 22 o the 23rd- June 01, then May 26th-jun11, then the next day reading June 01-15, and then this morning it went from June 9th to June 29th. This is very frustration. I haven't even received my Vin and I ordered it March 9th.

I ordered my model 3 performance on March 9 and at the time the website said 8-10 weeks. So then a couple of days after I ordered the car it told me an estimated delivery date of May-22-June1 and then a couple of days later it went from the 22 o the 23rd- June 01, then May 26th-jun11, then the next day reading June 01-15, and then this morning it went from June 9th to June 29th. I haven't even received my Vin and I ordered it March 9th. :/
Did you change your configuration after Mar 9th? Based on the spreadsheet, it looks like if you order in the last 2 weeks of the quarter, you get your delivery the next quarter. But Mar 9th should have been ok. Most people I see who ordered before Apr 1st and are still waiting either refuse a delivery, change a configuration or ordered in the last 2 weeks of March. If you miss the Q1 deliveries, you kinda go back in line.

Since, as you say, the dates keep changing, it seems obvious that their estimate is not accurate, nor should it be relied upon...so why are you checking a couple of times a day? You've already proven their estimate is a meaningless guess. There are far too many variables in a "just in time inventory" world to give a reliable time frame.
Until you get a VIN assigned, it'll only be a wild guess akin to asking the host at a busy restaurant when a table will be free (they're told to say "5-10 minutes" every time you ask :) )
One I am not relying on the ETA. I know it's not accurate. Not sure if you have ever heard of it or not but there is this thing called excitement. That is where you are excited about something like waiting on your new car so you constantly are checking on it.

Reactions: haroldo
Placed order on MAy 11th, Orignally it said delivery between the 16th and 30th of June, then changed to the 15th-27th then changed to 5-11 weeks from date order placed. so who knows when it will actually come. just a SR+ in white also order placed from New Jersey

Did you change your configuration after Mar 9th? Based on the spreadsheet, it looks like if you order in the last 2 weeks of the quarter, you get your delivery the next quarter. But Mar 9th should have been ok. Most people I see who ordered before Apr 1st and are still waiting either refuse a delivery, change a configuration or ordered in the last 2 weeks of March. If you miss the Q1 deliveries, you kinda go back in line.
Actually I am sorry it was not march 9th it was April 9th. I was just so focused that I thought it was in march

Ordered 4/4/21 and received a date for delivery 5/26-6/18. I received an email yesterday stating I have a vin and need to complete final payment for delivery and looked at the dates and it was updated to 4/17-4/20! I immediately called Tesla like Hey, is my car ready? The gentleman said it’s here but he needs to find out if it’s been inspected yet. So he called about 30 mins later and said it’s ready for me. So I caught an Uber and went to go pick her up yesterday! I love it.View attachment 654821
So happy for you !!!! I am still waiting on vin... this is so hard!!

Ordered 4/4/21 and received a date for delivery 5/26-6/18. I received an email yesterday stating I have a vin and need to complete final payment for delivery and looked at the dates and it was updated to 4/17-4/20! I immediately called Tesla like Hey, is my car ready? The gentleman said it’s here but he needs to find out if it’s been inspected yet. So he called about 30 mins later and said it’s ready for me. So I caught an Uber and went to go pick her up yesterday! I love it.View attachment 654821
I ordered my standard plus model 3 red 04/29 no word at all yet.. im in new jersey lawrenceville

Great news......i have my delivery date for May 29th....ordered March 22......i live in the dallas area and they still are going to deliver to my house....
My last delivery dates were bouncing from June6 to the 29th....and now its gonna be end of May....earlier than expected....so there is hope for others who were promised delivery in june....and to think i almost canceled my order ....