Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

13 day order to delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 4/4/21 and received a date for delivery 5/26-6/18. I received an email yesterday stating I have a vin and need to complete final payment for delivery and looked at the dates and it was updated to 4/17-4/20! I immediately called Tesla like Hey, is my car ready? The gentleman said it’s here but he needs to find out if it’s been inspected yet. So he called about 30 mins later and said it’s ready for me. So I caught an Uber and went to go pick her up yesterday! I love it.
AFF716E0-44E5-4AF0-B70F-241070A40FD2.jpeg

Congrats! I preserved my M3P on 4/3, got an estimated delivery date of June 2 - June 30, then received a text saying that the car was on its way to my dealer and delivery was scheduled April 24, then I received another text 12 hours later saying that my car had arrived at my dealer, and delivery is now set for tomorrow!

Damnit...Ordered 31 March and still no VIN---still 28-May to 28 June delivery window....

I know I know...I'm rushing it--but I just want the car lol!

(Virginia area, SR+, White, Black, Aero, no FSD BTW)
same. I ordered on 3/22 and seeing all these people that ordered after me get their VINs makes me sad lol (even those in the same part of the country). I didn't order anything special either!

Reactions: CapitalTM3
Ordered 4/4/21 and received a date for delivery 5/26-6/18. I received an email yesterday stating I have a vin and need to complete final payment for delivery and looked at the dates and it was updated to 4/17-4/20! I immediately called Tesla like Hey, is my car ready? The gentleman said it’s here but he needs to find out if it’s been inspected yet. So he called about 30 mins later and said it’s ready for me. So I caught an Uber and went to go pick her up yesterday! I love it.View attachment 654821
Does your car have wood trims at the doors?

update...yep ordered mine bout march 22, delivery date was bouncing from May 5th to May 26...now today its moved to June 6 to 24...i really wish the volvo C40 was out or the Cadillac Lycria...id be canceling my order...Elon must think Tesla is the only thing going right now....well they are....but...others coming soon

update...yep ordered mine bout march 22, delivery date was bouncing from May 5th to May 26...now today its moved to June 6 to 24...i really wish the volvo C40 was out or the Cadillac Lycria...id be canceling my order...Elon must think Tesla is the only thing going right now....well they are....but...others coming soon
Tesla usually starts deliver in the second month of the quarter. So mid to end of May at the earliest. I don’t know why you are upset. I’ve been in your shoes last quarter and I didn’t even know this whole quarter deliveries lol

Ordered on December 30. Took delivery on March 20. The wait was worth it. And I’ve never even test driven a Tesla before. Went in completely blind :)

... my delivery dates keep changing back and forth between mid May-mid June to early June-late June. This is a couple times a day.
Since, as you say, the dates keep changing, it seems obvious that their estimate is not accurate, nor should it be relied upon...so why are you checking a couple of times a day? You've already proven their estimate is a meaningless guess. There are far too many variables in a "just in time inventory" world to give a reliable time frame.
Until you get a VIN assigned, it'll only be a wild guess akin to asking the host at a busy restaurant when a table will be free (they're told to say "5-10 minutes" every time you ask :) )

Since, as you say, the dates keep changing, it seems obvious that their estimate is not accurate, nor should it be relied upon...so why are you checking a couple of times a day? You've already proven their estimate is a meaningless guess. There are far too many variables in a "just in time inventory" world to give a reliable time frame.
Until you get a VIN assigned, it'll only be a wild guess akin to asking the host at a busy restaurant when a table will be free (they're told to say "5-10 minutes" every time you ask :) )
Why are you checking?????? Come on man..... Please. Basic human nature, Psych 101, day 1, Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Reactions: mjwh
Damnit...Ordered 31 March and still no VIN---still 28-May to 28 June delivery window....

I know I know...I'm rushing it--but I just want the car lol!

(Virginia area, SR+, White, Black, Aero, no FSD BTW)
I ordered my model 3 performance on March 9 and at the time the website said 8-10 weeks. So then a couple of days after I ordered the car it told me an estimated delivery date of May-22-June1 and then a couple of days later it went from the 22 o the 23rd- June 01, then May 26th-jun11, then the next day reading June 01-15, and then this morning it went from June 9th to June 29th. I haven't even received my Vin and I ordered it March 9th. :/