Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

135 KW SC Heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the maximum current of the SpC is about 330A, it will be rated around there. The exact ratings will be determined by allowable voltage drop and resulting power loss, temperature rise, internal ambient temperature (under worst case conditions i.e. midday sun in Arizona) and the rating of the cable insulation.

Does the wire between connector on car and battery pack get hot when charging on 135 KW SC? There is an access panel in trunk that exposes a small amount of this wiring.

If you look on YouTube, you can see kmanauto use his FLIR camera when Supercharging. In one of the videos, he does access a panel inside the car and tells you exactly how hot it is. There's a thread for his videos here where you should be able to find the video.

As the maximum current of the SpC is about 330A, it will be rated around there. The exact ratings will be determined by allowable voltage drop and resulting power loss, temperature rise, internal ambient temperature (under worst case conditions i.e. midday sun in Arizona) and the rating of the cable insulation.

I suspect it is rated higher than 330 A. The 70D pulls upwards of 370 A when SpC.