Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm went off for no reason at 3 AM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So last night had a bit of a panic as my Model 3 alarm started blaring at 3 AM. There was no reason I could see for the alarm and I didn't even get a message on my phone saying the alarm had been triggered.

The weird thing is that as soon as I launched the app on my phone and it "woke" the car, the alarm turned itself off. It doesn't seem to have repeated since.

Really weird.... Anyone else?

So last night had a bit of a panic as my Model 3 alarm started blaring at 3 AM. There was no reason I could see for the alarm and I didn't even get a message on my phone saying the alarm had been triggered.

The weird thing is that as soon as I launched the app on my phone and it "woke" the car, the alarm turned itself off. It doesn't seem to have repeated since.

It had a bad dream.

Haha I guess so!

But this seriously happened. Bugs in the software code? Anyone else have this on a model 3? I saw someone say this happened on a Model S but couldn’t find someone having the issue on a Model 3.

Contact Tesla, there should be a log entry for what sensor set the alarm off.

You could have a faulty sensor or the alarm could have gone off for a legitimate reason, just not one apparent to you.

• Informative
Reactions: Jtt777
I just got my Model 3 on the 21st, no issues until tonight. We've had some heavy rain today and at 01:20 a.m my alarm started going off randomly with no message from the app, at first I thought the dog may have set it off but literally ten minutes later, with nothing around, it started going off again. I manually turned off the alarm. Hopefully this isn't anything serious, could the sensors be sensitive enough that water trickling down the car set it off?

I just got my Model 3 on the 21st, no issues until tonight. We've had some heavy rain today and at 01:20 a.m my alarm started going off randomly with no message from the app, at first I thought the dog may have set it off but literally ten minutes later, with nothing around, it started going off again. I manually turned off the alarm. Hopefully this isn't anything serious, could the sensors be sensitive enough that water trickling down the car set it off?

What software version were you on when this happened?

My Sentry Mode starts recording "events" when it starts raining out. My car has recorded hours of rain...

But rain never set my alarm off to my knowledge.

My alarm's only gone off once - again, to my knowledge - and it was at the same time I heard a really loud bang outside on the 4th of July. I'm assuming it was a firework, but it sure didn't sound like one. It sounded like the noise the garbage truck makes when it picks up a giant dumpster and then slams it back down, just louder. My phone sent me a couple push notifications when that happened. I went outside but didn't notice anything wrong with my car. I forget if Sentry Mode recorded anything or not. The alarm was already off by the time I went outside, so I'm not sure how long it was on or how exactly it turned off.

About a month ago, my sentry mode alarm also went off at around 6am. Thing is, my car was in my driveway.

I have a Outdoor Nest Cam pointed at it so I checked and there was nothing that could've triggered it. No sound, no motion, no wind, nothing. Weird. I guess it just had a bad dream and woke up screaming?