Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14-50 adapter for Model 3 came damaged.. where's Tesla support?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a 14-50 adapter from the Tesla shop a while ago, and it unfortunately came in last week damaged. The box itself was a little torn up, which didn't concern me too much, but when opened the adapter itself was scratched, dirty, and there was a small paint chip on the head.

Clearly, this adapter had been used before.

Since then, I've sent 2 separate emails and just submitted a refund request.. and I haven't heard from anyone yet. It's been about a full week now.

I'll continue to be patient, but my goodness is this the hardest I've ever had to try to get an exchange / return submitted. Personally I don't wanna risk trying out a scratched up adapter, but other than what I've listed above, everything else seems to be solid.

Should I just be okay with using it?

1626897464814.png

1626897494555.png

1626897584104.png

I ordered a 14-50 adapter from the Tesla shop a while ago, and it unfortunately came in last week damaged. The box itself was a little torn up, which didn't concern me too much, but when opened the adapter itself was scratched, dirty, and there was a small paint chip on the head.

Since then, I've sent 2 separate emails and just submitted a refund request.. and I haven't heard from anyone yet. It's been about a full week now.

I'll continue to be patient, but my goodness is this the hardest I've ever had to try to get an exchange / return submitted. Personally I don't wanna risk trying out a scratched up adapter, but other than what I've listed above, everything else seems to be solid.

View attachment 686724

View attachment 686725

View attachment 686726
Honestly, nothing there looks like a usability problem. Frustrating that it comes in that condition but ... yeah, after the first time you plug it in, it's used anyway. I'd use it and not worry much -- mine looks worse after 2 years of (ab)use :)

Reactions: 1LE McQueen

View attachment 686724

View attachment 686725

View attachment 686726

Depends on how much something like this bothers you. On something at this price point, I would be annoyed but would probably try it and see if it worked. if it was a wall connector, I would want to be the first one that scuffed it, even if it is "used" the second I use it, lol.

If I buy something thats supposed to be new, I generally want it to be new when I get it, not " repackaged". However, for full disclosure, I am also not a person who tends to buy "open box" products.

TL ; DR, this would bother me, but at the price point it is, I would try to use it and move on if it worked (and just be annoyed), as it would cost me more in time and aggravation to get it swapped than i would be willing to spend.

Reactions: 1LE McQueen