TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

14-50 adaptor for Roadster UMC?

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by beefchowmein, Jul 17, 2017.

1. beefchowmein

beefchowmein Member

I'm a proud owner of a "new to me" 2010 Roadster Sport. The car came with the 240 Mobile Charger but it's missing the adaptor to plug it in to the wall.
    Just curious if there are any Roadster owners in the SF Bay Area near Peninsula that have the 14-50 adaptor for the Roadster UMC I can borrow? Apparently Burlingame Tesla doesn't have it in stock and they suggest I order it. I just want to test out the UMC I have to make sure it's not dead before I order the adaptor from Tesla. Don't want to end up with a $100 paper weight.

I cam come to you. Just need to plug it in to see if it start charging. Be happy to buy you coffee for your trouble.
    Thanks in advance.

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Congrats on your "new" Roadster! Sounds like you are close to me. Sorry I can't help you out with that adaptor, when I bought my "new" Roadster in 2014 it came with the HPC and the 120V Spare Connector, not the UMC.

So for now are you keeping your Roadster plugged into 120V?

3. beefchowmein

beefchowmein Member

Yeah, it's currently charging with the 120v. 1 day driving around the bay takes 2-3 nights to charge...
    I also tried Palo Alto Tesla. No luck in the service department having the adaptor to test. They told me to order it online... Might just order it to see.

4. Roadster

Roadster Member

Welcome to TMC and congrats on your Roadster acquisition, @beefchowmein! Photos pls. We love photos!

FWIW, buying online would be the way to go as the adapters were out of stock for a while but seem to be available now along with a number of other previously sold out parts as discussed here.
    [​IMG]

• Informative x 1
  5. beefchowmein

beefchowmein Member

Went ahead and ordered it. Finger crossed for the UMC to still be good. I'll work on getting some picture of it up soon. It's like every other black on black! :)