Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14-50 Amp Adapters and/or sockets for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
maybe i'm having a blonde moment but i can't see the deceitful practice. is it not letting you add to cart? or checkout?
You suggested they were on backorder at EVSE.com.au. However, the website says they are in stock.

If they truly are on backorder, then it is deceitful to say they are in stock if they are not. Of course, perhaps they are not on backorder at all.

Another option if the Aussie sites are out of stock:

USD$99 with free shipping (delivered from USA).

Ordered from them a few months back with no issues (price was USD $79 back then) and works perfectly.

Only have single phase myself but had the sparky install the 5 pin 32A 3 phase socket with just L1 connected. Get the full 7kw no issues. And if I go rural can use the plug at showgrounds etc. If I ever get 3 phase, the sparky can just wire in the other 2 phases which are taped up in the fusebox and attach a socket to a Gen 3 Tesla HPWC and install it next to it.

My tail from EVSE.com.au arrived yesterday.

I ended up going with single phase 3 pin. While I realise that 5 pin three phase sockets are probably more widespread, it would have cost me a lot more to go three phase, especially as I need around 30m of cabling from main board to garage. As I saved more than $155, it will still be cheaper to buy a 3 phase 5 pin tail at some point in the future if I'm travelling.

I used it today with Autarkie Manager and it made charging the car from excess solar so easy. No more heading out to the garage to switch cables or change charging current.