Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14-50 (NOT adapter-end) Mobile Connector discontinued?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Rush" and "Road Trip" doesn't often coincide.

You hang with a much more logical/prepared crowd. :)

I've gone on vacations where after a several hour long car/flight ride, we'll finally reach the destination and they'll turn to me and go, "so, what's there to do here?" I don't ride with them for that reason, even if they ask to carpool or take the same flight.

You hang with a much more logical/prepared crowd. :)

I've gone on vacations where after a several hour long car/flight ride, we'll finally reach the destination and they'll turn to me and go, "so, what's there to do here?" I don't ride with them for that reason, even if they ask to carpool or take the same flight.

Fine, people can spend the money uselessly if they want, but it won't stop me from saying it doesn't make any sense. I also think that it's something that people realize more after they've had the car for a while. 99% of the time I never think about range, remaining charge, recharging options or anything like that. We have chargers at work and I never bother to plug in. Occasionally I've even forgotten to plug in my car in the evening and don't worry the next day even though I have a 60 mile round trip commute over a mountain range. I can do my commute three times in a row without charging if I needed to.

However, when taking a road trip if you want to take an EV you need extra planning and care, even in a Tesla. If I don't want to worry about it, we take my wife's SUV (even though I'd rather be driving my Tesla).

I've never seen a 6-20, but there may have been one at one point. I'm almost certain there has never been a 10-50 adapter.

I highly doubt the corded mobile adapter has been discontinued. It's what comes with the Model 3 (or a newer revision of it):

There was a 6-15 adapter, there were never 6-20 or 10-50 adapters. As for what's in the video, supposedly it is the new UMC. The specs page mentions 14-50 and 5-15 adapters coming with the car so perhaps the new UMC has low-profile adapters and is set to replace both the current UMC and the CMC. It would probably appear on the Tesla store and be included with new Model S/X once the beta testers first owners are done testing it.

Reactions: Fiddler