Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14-50 outlet install cost (Denver)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in an apartment and wish to install a 14-50 outlet in my garage. The property manager got their approved electrician to quote the job: over $1,000. That seems quite excessive to me, especially when the job seems so trivial. Anyone know of a more reasonable electrician in the Denver area that I could convince the property manager to open up the bid to? (Littleton, specifically.)

How long is the run? That doesn't sound bad for a long run especially if it's through common areas where they have to deal with other tenant's cars while they run it.
The garage is directly beneath the room where the electric panel is. A vertical drop of maybe 10 feet is all that is needed. No horizontal travel would be necessary. It couldn't be an easier job...in my non-electrician mind.

I live in an apartment and wish to install a 14-50 outlet in my garage. The property manager got their approved electrician to quote the job: over $1,000. That seems quite excessive to me, especially when the job seems so trivial. Anyone know of a more reasonable electrician in the Denver area that I could convince the property manager to open up the bid to? (Littleton, specifically.)
We had Greiner add 3 14-50 outlets in our garage a few years back. It was more than $1000 but it was a long run and multiple outlets. Their bid was the cheapest for the three bids we got. The other electricians wanted from $3000 to $8000 for the same job. Also, you might check with Tesla. We had Tesla put 3 load-sharing wall connectors in our garage last year. They did a great job at a flat rate per wall connector.

I bought the 14-50 plug and wall mount enclosure. Licensed electrician installed that behind the drywall, provided ~15 ft cable (6/3?) and circuit breaker, and added a second 120V outlet, box and ~5 ft 14/2 cable not on the original estimate for $450. Georgetown TX. Two holes drilled in 2X4, crawled in the attic (dark, hot) above the garage. Two guys (journeyman, apprentice). Junior guy did all the work.