Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14-50R in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where to purchase a decent 14-50R receptacle in Canada without having to purchase the company?
All the online big box stores seem to love the $10.00 Leviton brand. Amazon was no help.

I don't think I need to spend $200-$300 or more to have a decent receptacle.
Anything decent under $100 CAD?

I second that, you'll have more choice at the electric specialty shops that electricians go to. I don't know what you have available in Montreal. In Quebec City I go to Lumen or Franklin Empire when I need something specific in electricity. Normally they accept "normal" clients that don't have an account.

Reactions: marcham
I ended up buying a Bryant (same as Hubble) for just under $100 from Amazon as here were by far the cheapest. Tried looking at electrical supply places and they weren't any cheaper unless you were a contractor with an account.

As an aside, I originally bought a Bryant 6-50 receptacle, but I wasn't impressed with the robustness of the lugs and screws, so I returned.

I have the Pass & Seymour 3894 and it seems pretty decent and is only $25 on amazon. Inflation and supply chain issues seems to have hit the electrical wholesalers, so their prices may be >2x higher than amazon.

I have the Pass & Seymour 3894 and it seems pretty decent and is only $25 on amazon. Inflation and supply chain issues seems to have hit the electrical wholesalers, so their prices may be >2x higher than amazon.
Thats good to know. Would you be able to post pictures of the lugs. Is it an anvil style clamp like the Bryant/Hubble? I need to get an extra receptacle to install at my sisters place for "free" charging 😁

If you're talking about the wire termination, they were set screws iirc. They work decent, although the wire needs to be close to room temperature otherwise it doesn't compress under the screw enough; the rough in inspector was able to pull out one of my wires with very little force.

If you're talking about the wire termination, they were set screws iirc. They work decent, although the wire needs to be close to room temperature otherwise it doesn't compress under the screw enough; the rough in inspector was able to pull out one of my wires with very little force.
Oh wow. Yeh that's why I like the Bryant/Hubble anvil style. Even when I used 6 AWG your couldn't move the wires if you braced yourself against the wall.😆