Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14 Day winter parking at airport - RESULT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Model Y can only enter a sleep mode when Sentry mode and Smart Summon (a FSD feature) are disabled. Otherwise the Tesla Model Y remains in standby mode, consuming ~230W continuously. It is not Sentry mode that consumes all of that power, it is the fact that the Tesla Model Y remains in standby mode. (Even when Sentry mode is disabled the Tesla Model Y will lock and the vehicle alarm will be set.)
I just arrived back after leaving my Tesla Model Y LR 2023 parked outside at PDX for 10 days. I turned off all I could, including auto software update, and never checked on it with my Tesla app, to avoid awakening it. No Sentry mode, no FSD. It was 79% when I parked it, and 78% when I got back. So it appears to me that bigger losses are caused by standby consumption, not internal discharge of the battery itself. 1% loss in 10 days ain't bad, and very much better than what I have read, such as 1% loss per day. I just wish Tesla gave us a clear dependable 'Sleep' mode so we could expect consistent performance.

Reactions: Kupe and cwerdna