Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14 Grand and no more range wtf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone . Just dropped 14 thousand on a “remanufactured “ 85 pack for the car 2012 s. New pack is still 216 miles range when 100% full. I’m close to raging angry. Should I be happy paying 14 grand and getting a used pack with no more range at all ?

Who can I call what can I do , I’m EXTREMELY unhappy.

Attachments

• F60D25E7-5AC4-448D-A4DC-7143258EDF5C.png
    F60D25E7-5AC4-448D-A4DC-7143258EDF5C.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 223
Sounds like an expectation non commnication.

Did Tesla give you a range expectation upfront before they did the job? In writing? Anything?
If not, do you typically use/need 260?

I know the last part doesnt make you feel any better, BUT I read a book that said we often worry about things where 85% never happens.
So if you rarely if ever need the 260......

Life is short. Enjoy it.

Tesla's legendary customer service strikes again.

Maybe you got a remanufactured pack with matched capacity.
Is the Supercharging nerfed on the replacement pack as well?

Unfortunately, manufacturers get no credit for replacement batteries, and a bunch of credits for new vehicles, so they have a particularly large incentive to push you into buying new vehicles, and morals to do it.

I think Tesla has started making new 85 kWh battery pack per this article but I am not sure if they are still using it. The OP should've seen more range but the range estimate could be based on the old battery pack chemistry and driving habits so maybe in a few weeks it will go up, but thats just a guess

as an FYI, I think (but am not sure), that a "reman" pack consists of old pack where the cells have been tested to pass a certain "threshold". (I imagine that threshold is fairly low). any cells not passing the threshold or failing, are replaced. And only those cells. (in case anyone was thinking refurb meant much more than that)

yes badly need range. She drives hundreds of miles a day selling homes in her s. Absolutely no discussion of it not bringing back range , just “here is your cost to fix your issue “
With no discussion of bringing back range and nothing of the like in writing? You are where you are at this point. Options are selling the car privately on the used market (which is on fire right now due to car shortages) and buying a newer Tesla with much more range or buying ICE car.

See the image I sent above for the CAC per the crate that the "new" battery came in. Yes its old thats fine but I expected to get REMAN as in NEW CELLS or why the HELL would I spend 14 THOUSAND dollars on it? absolutely RIP *sugar* ANGRY about right now. and I have owned 4 teslas at this point. I absolutely cant believe they swap USED packs with OLD cells in them and charge 14 ****ing thousand dollars and don't tell me what to expect.

1 complain to SC
2 Contest credit card charge not repaired properly
Thanks! did both. If they want 14 grand I expect a pack at full capacity. Not this bullshit old used worn out pack to "get by". I guess they do this for warranty work and don't realize in the real world of REMANUFACTURED parts it's AS WAS WHEN NEW not old used crap. fully contested charges at my VISA card.

When did you go to Autozone and buy a reman AC compressor to open it up and find a junk yard "working" compressor in the box LOL