Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1407 HVAC Temperature Sensor Failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two-one for the evaporator temp and one for the cabin outer temp. They are buried in the HVAC unit under the front hood-way down at the bottom. You can read the cabin outlet in the service menu, but not the evap temp. They are wired to the HVAC controller at the front of the center console if you really want to get into it. Pins L1 and L3 for the cabin, L2 and M3 for the evap. They should read the same with the car off.

There are two-one for the evaporator temp and one for the cabin outer temp. They are buried in the HVAC unit under the front hood-way down at the bottom. You can read the cabin outlet in the service menu, but not the evap temp. They are wired to the HVAC controller at the front of the center console if you really want to get into it. Pins L1 and L3 for the cabin, L2 and M3 for the evap. They should read the same with the car off.
That's what I needed. The cabin temp number is valid in the service menu so I'm thinking it's probably the evaporator temp sensor. I'm hoping it's actually wiring or a connector. In case it's the sensor, is it wet?
Also, did you get that from a wiring diagram? If so, where do I get one?

Reactions: beachmiles