Why can't I get this car out of my mind? :biggrin: OK, rhetorical question. I really want this car. But, after struggling with it for awhile, a couple weeks ago I "decided" (yeah right) to not buy it. Wouldn't you know it... only then my wife starts dropping hints that I shouldn't be so hasty in that decision. I've got a list of "why I should buy it" vs. "why I should not". The "should not" side is a bit longer. Probably first up on that list (besides cost) is the fact I really don't drive much and my cars are already economical, so gas savings are negligible. Next up is the fact the closest Supercharger is 200km (125 miles) and not on the way to anything I'd ever go to. Here in town, there is a single public 60A charging station at a local winery. So charging is a bit of an issue. Finally, I test drove one and - while I loved it - it wasn't the most comfortable car I've ever driven, and it probably should be for that kind of coin (the only real issue was my long legs. My right shin would rest against the hard plastic corner of the console and it became irritated after only 15 minutes of driving). But I really want one! No seriously... I *REALLY* want one. I have never wanted a non-sentient thing more in my life. So there's that. The other major factor influencing my "buy it" side... is the fact that, right now (and for a very limited time, I'm told), the Model S enjoys a 15% "discount", of sorts, in Canada (where I am). What do I mean by that? Well, if I price the car out on the Canadian site I get $104,900. On the US site with the same options it is $90,500. Math tells us that Tesla is pricing the Canadian market using a USD/CAD value of 1.16. But the value right now is really 1.31. More math tells us that's 15% off the top, just by virtue of Tesla pricing not having caught up with the currency rollercoaster (for those that don't know - and why would you - the CAD has plummeted relative to the USD in a very short time). My local Tesla rep (or whatever title they go buy... "owner advisor", I think?) tells me the price is going to be adjusted in Canada as early as tomorrow, and likely by week's end or perhaps next week. So jumping right now locks in a fairly good value, unless I'm missing something. For me personally, I don't think it is an ideal time to buy. My business is in the middle of a new project that may or may not work out. If it does, that alone buys me my car. But if it doesn't, I'll be wishing I didn't buy one (not that it puts me in the poor house, just that it makes things tighter than I'd normally feel I could afford this purchase). I'd rather wait 6 months to see how this plays out... but I know me. If I wait and the price goes up... well, I hold a grudge. I know I won't buy it knowing I could have had it cheaper. Wait and hope they don't adjust? (would a product advisor really be in the know on something like that?) Just jump in balls first? Pay the $2500 and choose a build-date 6 months down the road and just forfeit the deposit if things don't look good? That probably sounds like the obvious choice, but I really REALLY hate the idea of throwing money away for nothing. That's not the sort of thing I did to put myself in the position to have this oh-poor-me-first-world-problem.