Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

15 used Model X's under $50K now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've been eyeing up used MX's as well for around 6 months. Some big pricing movements lately. I'm thinking this summer we might see the 90D's constantly below $50K with 4 year warranty's (6 seaters). I'm really curious where the MX '17 100D (six seaters) will land. Very little inventory for those with 4 years warranty. Most seemed to go around $70K mark. I don't think a 20K delta though is worth it. You might save yourself 1 stop and 30 minutes on a 6 hour trip that most do once a year. I'm thinking I'd spend at most $10K more for the extra battery and AP 2.0.. which would be around $60K. Interestingly you can get a fully loaded performance MY w/ 7 seats new for slightly over $60K... with better modern tech and better battery distance/charging rates. I'm guessing this might anchor pricing a bit towards 60K as well. Should be fun to watch!

Reactions: DanCar
We've been eyeing up used MX's as well for around 6 months. Some big pricing movements lately. I'm thinking this summer we might see the 90D's constantly below $50K with 4 year warranty's (6 seaters). I'm really curious where the MX '17 100D (six seaters) will land. Very little inventory for those with 4 years warranty. Most seemed to go around $70K mark. I don't think a 20K delta though is worth it. You might save yourself 1 stop and 30 minutes on a 6 hour trip that most do once a year. I'm thinking I'd spend at most $10K more for the extra battery and AP 2.0.. which would be around $60K. Interestingly you can get a fully loaded performance MY w/ 7 seats new for slightly over $60K... with better modern tech and better battery distance/charging rates. I'm guessing this might anchor pricing a bit towards 60K as well. Should be fun to watch!

Our big thing is that we didn’t like the 2016 ventilated seats, but otherwise like the PUP features. If the 100D supply doesn’t materialize, maybe we will end up with a 2017 90D.

Our big thing is that we didn’t like the 2016 ventilated seats, but otherwise like the PUP features. If the 100D supply doesn’t materialize, maybe we will end up with a 2017 90D.
I haven't tried the non-vented seats yet. We rented a MX P100D for a 3 hours trip to indy, and found those seats very comfy. Maybe I shouldn't try the newer ones to bias myself.

'17 90D could be a nice option.. especially if you find one with FSD at a bargin. I'm still debating if I can only afford either FSD or the addition battery of 100D... which would I prefer. I'm impartial on the PUP feature, I heard the self presenting doors become a long term maintenance issue as they put stress on the door joints and eventually break... I suppose covered for at least 4 years though w/ warranty.

If the Model Y has rear facing 7 seats, we'll probably pull the trigger on that opposed to the Model X. We have three kids 2/4/6... the rear facing could arguably better arrangement then the 6 seat MX w/ pass through... and you pickup a 7th seat.

12/16 90D MX with 37k miles, 4yr/50k Warranty, FSC, FSD, 6 Seats, Ultra HiFi, PUP, Carbon Fiber Interior, 22” Onyx Black Wheels, Black/Black Interior/Exterior for $58,200

Basically only missing the sub-zero package. Was very surprised to see this < 60k, so I didn’t hesitate.

Black exterior for some reason sell very cheap. I guess no demand for it. There’s a basic 2018 black/black 30k miles for 58k. Prob would of gotten that since most problems fixed in 2018

That's awesome! 6-seater as well plus 2 years left on warranty. Any chance you could swap out the battery for a 100D for $15K... that would be awesome to have a 100D for $60K all in (old AP 1.0)

Actually looking at the pics, that is an AP 2.0 car which makes it more impressive however there appears to be an air suspension warning showing on the dash (if I am seeing the icons correctly). I'd hope that would be fixed for whoever buys the car.

Actually looking at the pics, that is an AP 2.0 car which makes it more impressive however there appears to be an air suspension warning showing on the dash (if I am seeing the icons correctly). I'd hope that would be fixed for whoever buys the car.

I would expect if it's not by the time of pick-up, add it to the due-bill as it's an item that would be covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

That 90D would also have been a great deal too.

Very encourage as of late by the pricing of MXs. Hoping to get back into a Tesla sometime late summer after living overseas and returning to the US in August. Hoping for a good deal on a P100D w/ AP 2/FSD but would also be up for finding a unicorn AP 2.0/FSD P90D 6 seater...

Does anyone know what items can be fixed under used car warranty or added to due bill? For example FWD seals, yellow border, stains etc.
Also, is battery degradation just hit or miss? Do you all back out of the deal if there is severe degradation? Thanks

Reactions: Blitz3RS
They are gone so quick!!!
I was surprised to see the prices changes during this time. I ordered 11/16 Mx with fsd, 6 seaters only 23k mileages with 50k/4yrs warranty For 55K. Got everything ready to go, just on the week of delivery, last week, I got on Tesla site again, don’t know why probably just curious to see and just with 5 minutes browsing, I found another one, 2/17, fsd, 6seater, pup, hepa filters, carbon filter, Lighting package, leather seats with almost new condition, same warranty for only 3k more, ONLY 12k miles on this car!! Even though I know mileage is not super matters for Tesla, but still, to me I feel much better. I pulled my trigger cancelled the first one since the fwd seal problem kinda bother me, and ordered this one. Boom! The first one come back on the site almost same day I told my advisor to cancel it, and it’s gone in 10 minutes!!!
Btw, You can copy the vin to google and see the price change list from the Tesla cpo.io

They are gone so quick!!!
I was surprised to see the prices changes during this time. I ordered 11/16 Mx with fsd, 6 seaters only 23k mileages with 50k/4yrs warranty For 55K. Got everything ready to go, just on the week of delivery, last week, I got on Tesla site again, don’t know why probably just curious to see and just with 5 minutes browsing, I found another one, 2/17, fsd, 6seater, pup, hepa filters, carbon filter, Lighting package, leather seats with almost new condition, same warranty for only 3k more, ONLY 12k miles on this car!! Even though I know mileage is not super matters for Tesla, but still, to me I feel much better. I pulled my trigger cancelled the first one since the fwd seal problem kinda bother me, and ordered this one. Boom! The first one come back on the site almost same day I told my advisor to cancel it, and it’s gone in 10 minutes!!!
Btw, You can copy the vin to google and see the price change list from the Tesla cpo.io
What pack? We just snagged a 40K mile 2017 100D MSM/White 5x FSD pretty much fully loaded for 67K.

We considered 75 and 90 packs and at one point even AP1 but decided to hold out. There is a blue 90D six seater AP1 with low miles for 55K kicking around.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
What pack? We just snagged a 40K mile 2017 100D MSM/White 5x FSD pretty much fully loaded for 67K.

We considered 75 and 90 packs and at one point even AP1 but decided to hold out. There is a blue 90D six seater AP1 with low miles for 55K kicking around.
It’s 75D. Did not consider 90D since the unstable degradation from various readings. 100d is too much to me. 75 pack works good for us price and range wise. 67k for 100d with full load sounds like a great deal!