Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

150,000 miles. How much Energy did it use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed meters at our house & office so I could see how much energy the Tesla uses. After 150,000 miles, here are the results:

Attachments

• 150kTesla.jpg
    150kTesla.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 119
SLICK SOLAR SETUP!!!
Had solar 3 years ago,
had to move.
Moving again, and this time no home owners association to be a bag,
so putting a limited number on. No south facing roof, just some east and west.
Will be close to net zero 6 months of the year not so much the rest.
We had 24 panels (6KW system).
What are you rocking there?
EDIT: Net zero does NOT include the model S... But some panels are better than nothing.

Reactions: Falkirk
SLICK SOLAR SETUP!!!
Had solar 3 years ago,
had to move.
Moving again, and this time no home owners association to be a bag,
so putting a limited number on. No south facing roof, just some east and west.
Will be close to net zero 6 months of the year not so much the rest.
We had 24 panels (6KW system).
What are you rocking there?
EDIT: Net zero does NOT include the model S... But some panels are better than nothing.
Oncor (our REP) pays a maximum of 10k/year. We installed 10k - 3 years in a row to get to our 30k system. We use a ton of energy in our house, but at least we are Net-Zero - including the Tesla!

Reactions: Falkirk
Wow! Had you been buying your power it would be Cheap!! Here in Socal We pay about $.15/kw (approx)
Also, it's very peculiar that your meters agree with the car.. My sub meter uses about 10% more than what the car uses. This is a result of charging conversion & heat losses.

Full battery used to be 208 at start, now full battery is 185. I charge daily, use Super Chargers & CHAdeMO's, and usually charge to 80%.

@jaysquyres : If you haven't done it already, may be interesting to see the effect of charging to 93~95% daily for 2 weeks. I've noticed some ability to rebuild max charge by kicking-in battery balancing, which is reported to only occur above 90% and requires multiple days to achieve. If theory is correct, you may be able to add back some range. (At least the experimentalist in me is curious!)