Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

150 - 200KW Charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI, I am new to this forum, I just tried my 2019 LR MS at V3 Supercharge in Fremont Factory and it only got 122Kwh max, the battery should be pre-condition since I set the destination to be at V3 Supercharge in Fremont. The battery was at 96miles (25%) at the beginning of charge.
Why I do not get more than 150Kwh at V3 Supercharge?

. . . Why I do not get more than 150Kwh at V3 Supercharge?

There are a number of reasons (unrelated to your car) why you might not get the highest possible charge rate at various superchargers. There have been times when one charger at a station only gives me 30KW when I am at a low SOC and then I move to the very next charger and get 100KW+. And, there have been times when an entire supercharger station had reduced charge rates. I would only worry about it your charge rates are always reduced at all superchargers you try on different days.

Still looking for someone with a 100 or Raven Model S or X to post a charging graph of their V3 supercharging experience at a supercharger where M3s are getting up to 250KW. It would be nice to know how much faster V3 charging is than V2 for the newer MS and MX models. Older models such as 60, 75 and 85 do not appear to get any benefit (except in those cases where they and another car are charging at the same time on an A/B V2 circuit).

hi, got my new raven on 02-jan-2020
so on a 125kW supercharger i top at 125 , on a 145kW supercharger i top at 145 ...
so compared to my old 90D witched was capped at 95kW , yes Raven longrange uses the max from a supercharger

regards

edit : for those checking , go to the sticker on the supercharger to watch witch power it can deliver :)

On a recent road trip driving up to Oregon from Los Angeles, hit a new peak charge rate of 202Kw for a moment at the Williams, CA V3 supercharger with my raven performance model s at around 20%, arrived at the supercharger at around 8% charge.

168Kw on my 2019 Raven MS at the Hermosa Beach, CA Supercharger From 10%
04A252C5-70D6-40D8-8D15-6A37636C9A5F.jpeg

Here's a pic of my 2018 100D charging yesterday at V3 Kettleman City. I started with about 30% SOC, and it was about 80+ degrees outside. It hit a high of 184KW very quickly, but only for a minute or so and within a couple minutes tapered down to 141KW. Within 7 minutes it had tampered down to 99KW, but had added 58 miles of range. Within 16 minutes it had tapered down to 87KW, but had added 102 miles of range. I noticed that when another car (M3) started to charge next to me my charge rate dropped (even on V3). I moved to another V3 charger down the line without as many cars next to it, and the charge rate jumped about 20KW.

Attachments

• Telsa - 1.jpeg
    Telsa - 1.jpeg
    618.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Informative
Reactions: VikH and All In
If I recall correctly, while the v3 stations can deliver full power to multiple vehicles, regardless of stall positioning, they're still limited as a group to the maximum power available to the group (historically about 500 kW per 8 stalls on the gen2 stations, could be a bit higher on gen3). So, there can still definitely be some sharing throttling happening on v3 stations.

• Informative
Reactions: VikH
If I recall correctly, while the v3 stations can deliver full power to multiple vehicles, regardless of stall positioning, they're still limited as a group to the maximum power available to the group (historically about 500 kW per 8 stalls on the gen2 stations, could be a bit higher on gen3). So, there can still definitely be some sharing throttling happening on v3 stations.

True, but the V3s have a 1MW cabinet for 4x 250kW chargers, so they happen to have the same limit. If some future model could take 300kW for example, you'll hit the limit again like the V2s do.

True, but the V3s have a 1MW cabinet for 4x 250kW chargers, so they happen to have the same limit. If some future model could take 300kW for example, you'll hit the limit again like the V2s do.

Some v2 stations had say, 6x 135kW cabinets for 12 stalls, but only a 500kW capable transformer for service. They would have to load balance when hitting 500kW total.

I presume that some V3 installations may be the same, limited by the service feed, despite equipment capabilities.

• Informative
Reactions: serendipitous
On a recent short trip to Palm Springs, we stopped at the relatively new Beaumont V3 SC. Arrived with 50 miles remaining, in a Performance Model 3. We were the only ones there at about 10:30am after driving about 100 miles. When I first plugged in, it actually went up to 253 kW. By the time I got my camera out and took a photo of the screen, it had tapered down to 248 kW and continued tapering from there...Lots of food choices there, so it's a nice place to stop and charge.

BeaumontSC.jpg