Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

150kw Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this was just sent to me from Tesla:. Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Support. Definitely a great question. Most Tesla owners will see an overall improvement in charge efficiency and peak charge rates, though not all will reach 150kW peak charge rates immediately. However, we expect the vast majority of our fleet (including all new models) to be 150kW capable within the next few months as we roll out further improvements. the peak rate each vehicle achieves will vary with size and age of battery pack, state of charge and ambient temperature conditions. There are a small number (<10%) of North America Supercharger stations that will not immediately deliver 150kW peak charge rates. Please consult the Supercharger pin in your vehicle UI to view the max charge capability of various Supercharger locations.

Your thoughts

this was just sent to me from Tesla:. Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Support. Definitely a great question. Most Tesla owners will see an overall improvement in charge efficiency and peak charge rates, though not all will reach 150kW peak charge rates immediately. However, we expect the vast majority of our fleet (including all new models) to be 150kW capable within the next few months as we roll out further improvements. the peak rate each vehicle achieves will vary with size and age of battery pack, state of charge and ambient temperature conditions. There are a small number (<10%) of North America Supercharger stations that will not immediately deliver 150kW peak charge rates. Please consult the Supercharger pin in your vehicle UI to view the max charge capability of various Supercharger locations.

Your thoughts
Sounds like they are finally giving an answer that is more correct. That's what I would expect, except for that word "pin".

Reactions: P85_DA
Sounds like they are finally giving an answer that is more correct. That's what I would expect, except for that word "pin".

I think in this context, the word "pin" refers to the location of the Supercharger -- from the practice of "dropping a pin" on a map, or "pinning" a location on a map. When I first read the original post, I thought there was a numeric PIN we'd need to enter (or retrieve) for this info.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Highest I've seen so far since the update was 132kW.
20190513_124503.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
If u do u will be the first 90batt I have seen ;)

It makes sense that 100KWH packs can take a higher charge rate. The more cells in the pack, the higher the charge rate. The ultimate limit is how much an individual cell can take without damage. The more cells in the pack, the more power you can put in without causing damage.

A different chemistry may allow more power per cell, which can increase the total charge rate of the pack, but comparing packs with the same chemistry, you're limit is the number of cells.