Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

16.1.x and regen braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the release notes for 16.1.x on several sites show "consistent deceleration when regenerative breaking". I was hoping this would show up when I got 16.1, but unfortunately my MY LR from April 2021 doesn't seem to be in the "new hardware only" club. Any thoughts if they plan to roll this feature out more widely? I can't think of a technical reason why they can't support my car since AP will apply real brakes so I assume this feature could as well.

Is it more of a certification exercise at Tesla to make sure its working properly before roll out?

Does anybody's model Y have this feature enabled?

I have a new Model 3 RWD with the LFP battery.
I have received updates 2022.16.1.1 (from a previous factory build) and just late last week 2022.16.1.2 and there is no mention of this feature.
There is nothing in the release notes of either version.

If you think that it is for LFP cars then it has not released yet.

• Informative
Reactions: damonbrodie
Maybe it needs to have low regen to show up.
It is a setting that can be enabled and disabled. I agree with the above comment that it may be tied to the LFP batteries
I have a new Model 3 RWD with the LFP battery.
I have received updates 2022.16.1.1 (from a previous factory build) and just late last week 2022.16.1.2 and there is no mention of this feature.
There is nothing in the release notes of either version.

If you think that it is for LFP cars then it has not released yet.
So far - nobody has this feature as far as I can tell.

The consistent deceleration feature showed up in 2022.20.7.

Yep, confirmed and turned on, though it will be a while before it'll be cool enough for me to test. I live on basically top of a hill and drop down to get on the freeway. When it's cold i usually get the warning that I've i have limited Regen available, and you can feel the difference right away. Hope this helps.

I do have a canyon run that will regenerate above what the car can take, so that might be something to try the next time i get on that road.

Reactions: BitJam