Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scottsdale, AZ - N. Scottsdale Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was lucky enough to be the first charge ever at this new charger that no one knew about till last night (hat tip to Savanna G. for finding it last night). It has 16 chargers, 8 with "30 Minute General Parking" and 8 dedicated Tesla Chargers. It's on the first level of the new parking garage at the SE corner of the Scottsdale Quarter Shopping Center.

I was lucky enough to be the first charge ever at this new charger that no one knew about till last night (hat tip to Savanna G. for finding it last night). It has 16 chargers, 8 with "30 Minute General Parking" and 8 dedicated Tesla Chargers. It's on the first level of the new parking garage at the SE corner of the Scottsdale Quarter Shopping Center.

Photo please!

AF1QipPG0kW4S5S-u69LVCLH6kHRd6TXUwCfXZN-DhrP

AF1QipP_0H3WjueRlwH33N-T3juy5cNusLi5tW-mNyc2

AF1QipNhXXgZ8oZMQ6UFX6p6cLy78rNFGkez57ZlOP6l

Interesting.

The supercharger under construction in Lynnwood, WA has the same pedestals so we had all assumed it was going to be an "urban supercharger." But that location doesn't really make sense as an urban supercharger, so maybe it's just a regular supercharger with a new design.

Tesla snuck that one in under all of our radar. Very cool charger site- (well maybe not so cool in July )

Way to go Tesla, The doubters are really underestimating the power of the supercharger network in the future of Tesla. I can't believe that no other manufacture has signed on yet. Too bad for them- dinosaurs

Reactions: pilotSteve
Maybe these are based on the liquid-cooled cords first tested at Mountain View, CA?

In any event, what GM and the other guys seem to be missing is that Tesla is NOT an "electric car" company and never was. it is a "sustainable personal transport" company. You needs cars with range (200 miles minimum since at the end of life you'll only have about 70% or 75% of that capacity), and you need a fast charging network. GM, Nissan etc are trying to do half the the equation. You can get away with that when fast DC charging stations are ubiquitous and fees are competitive with fossil fuels. That is not the case today, nor for the next 2-4 years. After that, maybe. Meanwhile the energy companies (including and especially electric power generation utilities) are going to need to supply those stations.

Look at how we track new Supercharger locations? When I drove an ICE, I certainly never tracked whiten Chevron was opening another gas station, or where the next Walmart fueling station was going in!

Tesla is taking a systems approach, eating huge development costs up front, and creating a better future for our children and grandchildren. We get to pay the pioneering fees with overpriced cars that are fun to drive. The Model 3 begins to bring this too more people. And as people shift from car ownership to renting rides, the transition will accelerate. Model Y and hopefully beyond will, I hope, bring the cost of electric vehicle ownership into the reach of even more people. The $35,000 Model 3 is really a $50,000+ vehicle for most people. I look forward to buying an autonomous-cabple electric vehicle in 5 to 8 years (when I'll be approaching being too old to drive safely) that will cost under $30,000 equipped decently in today's dollars.

I am thankful I can be part of this rEVolution.

The supercharger under construction in Lynnwood, WA has the same pedestals so we had all assumed it was going to be an "urban supercharger." But that location doesn't really make sense as an urban supercharger, so maybe it's just a regular supercharger with a new design.

I guess we will find out once Tesla lists them on their site and/or in the car.