Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scottsdale, AZ - N. Scottsdale Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged here today. Half of the Supercharging stalls were coned off with no access to the pedestals. I assume no charging was available on that half. No further info.
Oftentimes, cones are used to prevent ICEing. Almost missed out on charging in Calgary when I thought the large metal panel fences meant that all the stalls were off line. The mall had put them up to prevent ICEing over Black Friday.

FWIW, The navigation system in my car had a "reduced output" message on these supercharger yesterday when I was poking around looking at some trip planning in the car. I can't speak if they are truly having a problem or if they just mean these are the 72KW superchargers. I'd call Tesla and ask if you happen to be there and they are coned off if you need one and it's blocked.

I was there Sunday evening and the first six stalls are taped off. I charged in one of the open stalls and got the full 73 kW.

I was also just there last night. The 6 Mini SC they have taped off are in the 30 min general parking area. I think parking spots are in big demand around the Holiday season so they keep them open. It's still a great present to have these available right in Scottsdale. The 101 and I-17 location should also be open soon and who knows what others are going to pop up soon.

I was also just there last night. The 6 Mini SC they have taped off are in the 30 min general parking area. I think parking spots are in big demand around the Holiday season so they keep them open. It's still a great present to have these available right in Scottsdale. The 101 and I-17 location should also be open soon and who knows what others are going to pop up soon.

Where is the 101 and 17 one being built? I just rented a place near there, that'd be fantastic.

Still have a few spaces taped off but the remaining chargers are all open. I noted 4 other vehicles plugged in when I arrived. None had a light in the charging port so I'm not sure if that means they were finished or if that light goes off after a bit. I'll see how many cars remain in an hour when I return.

I charged there yesterday. There were seven Tesla's. A model X was improperly parked in the Blink level 2 parking spot without even being plugged in. All of the hybrid spaces were taken by ICE and every one of them that came back to their car were women. Huh? What's a Hybrid? My car IS fuel efficient! I didn't speak to any of them but I will give them credit that maybe they didn't know any better?

Last edited:
QUOTE=None had a light in the charging port so I'm not sure if that means they were finished
ANS=Light goes out after a bit.

I wish we could get Tesla to charge the charging light. It should be on an blinking anytime we are charging. I've seen a lot of Tesla I think are sitting in a space after charging but without the light no one can tell.
ALL PLUGINS should have an INDICATION LIGHT WHILE ACTIVELY CHARGING.

QUOTE=None had a light in the charging port so I'm not sure if that means they were finished

I wish we could get Tesla to charge the charging light. It should be on an blinking anytime we are charging. I've seen a lot of Tesla I think are sitting in a space after charging but without the light no one can tell.
I don't want a light on my car when I am away from it. Not a problem where I live but if I am visiting cities that sort of beacon could attract the wrong attention. Most L2 charge stations I've used have a light on the EVSE that shows whether or not the car is charging. I suppose Tesla could modify Supercharger stanchions to have something similar to indicate whether or not a car was done charging. However, Tesla's approach is simply to discourage cars from staying after Supercharging via the idle fee.

Reactions: brkaus
I don't want a light on my car when I am away from it. Not a problem where I live but if I am visiting cities that sort of beacon could attract the wrong attention. Most L2 charge stations I've used have a light on the EVSE that shows whether or not the car is charging. I suppose Tesla could modify Supercharger stanchions to have something similar to indicate whether or not a car was done charging. However, Tesla's approach is simply to discourage cars from staying after Supercharging via the idle fee.
Feel the cable for heat? Might not always work, but worth a chance

Reactions: dgpcolorado

The light providing information to people who are not the owner cannot be a good idea.