Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.11.45 Automatic Emergency Braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
17.11.45 just downloaded and installed on my 2016 AP2 S. Adds Automatic Emergency Braking and enables it by default. There is now a menu item just below Collision Avoidance to disable it.

That's a very odd version number, considering most folks have been getting 17.14.35 lately.

If something hasn't happened to change the naming scheme, it was frozen a month ago, before the one we've been installing and never released to the public?

A 17.16.xx would make a lot more sense. But I guess you never know what Tesla is thinking. :)

IMG_0253.jpg

Someone on ev-fw just got 17.16.35 which would make a lot more sense.

That's what I'm thinking. Probably was intended to go out weeks ago. I never got the interim update so I went from 17.11.3 to 45.
Good point. A large number of cars (65%?) are still on a 17.11.x version so those wouldn't be "going back" to a lower version. People with a 17.14.x version might end up getting a different version than 17.11.45 which includes AEB.

Last edited:
The reason the 17.11 version is odd is that it's pretty clear that their SW versions are year, week, build. So this software was built in week 11 (March 12th). It appears they may have actually been verifying this without any changes for 5 weeks.

They may be iterating on branches now. There may very well be 2 or 3 branches of AEB firmware in parallel, each operating in shadow mode, and the 17.11.x branch was the first to be deemed ready, and they simply push an incremental build to turn it on.