Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To @JoeZ & @MP3Mike , what is your course of action? Did you get acknowledgement from SC that a fix is coming in a future update? Or are you just waiting and hoping that a future update will fix it?
I visited SC once they side loaded 17.14.23 for me and restarted my main camera calibration. What they did to my car did not fix the issue. My car still has "cruise not available" and TACC worked once after the visit to SC. Just the same problem as before.

No, SC only told me that engineering team said restart camera calibration is recommended. AP is the biggest selling point of tesla, I don't know why takes so long for them to fix this issue.

You knowingly purchased a car that has unfinished AP beta software... Even my AP1 vehicle states its still in "BETA", which in software terms, means unfinished.

If you want something "finished", get a BMW 750i with "lane assist", which really pales in comparison to Tesla's offerings. 3 seconds of lane holding at a time, woopedoo.

You knowingly purchased a car that has unfinished AP beta software... Even my AP1 vehicle states its still in "BETA", which in software terms, means unfinished.

If you want something "finished", get a BMW 750i with "lane assist", which really pales in comparison to Tesla's offerings. 3 seconds of lane holding at a time, woopedoo.
So many fan boys here. 8.1 is officially out and it has autopilot functions. But the problem is some people like me don't even have regular cruise control. Is cruise control part of the beta program?

Reactions: GSP
So many fan boys here. 8.1 is officially out and it has autopilot functions. But the problem is some people like me don't even have regular cruise control. Is cruise control part of the beta program?

In all fairness, it is extremely dangerous for an ACC equipped car to "fall back" to dumb cruise control, because it creates owner confusion as to who should brake. Most cars with ACC will not permit falling back to regular cruise control. It sucks when ACC is broken, but the more pressing issue is getting ACC fixed.

If you're truly upset about waiting out the software update, I would insist on the service center keeping the car until the issue is resolved, and start counting up your California Lemon Law in-the-shop days. Maybe that will convince them to do an Autopilot ECU swap like one person got. But I don't think being bitter about it will have any impact on the engineering timeline and engineering decisions that you care about.

Reactions: travis010
I concur with the feelings of the folks out there in minority who does not have AP working. It's one thing to have beta program and autopilot not to work for the entire fleet, and another thing for a feature to work for majority of cars and not on their own car.

My grip is that my car does not have something working that is currently working in 80-90 % of the AP2 cars out there. It leads me to think whether my car was "defective" compared to all the other cars with functioning AP.

Reactions: JoeZ and travis010

We claim "beta" over hardware and software designs, because there always exist uncovered bugs and the designs are not supposed to be used in mission-critical or life supporting applications. In other words, use at your own risk and we are not responsible! The spec can also be beta for there're always "typos" to be found.

I concur with the feelings of the folks out there in minority who does not have AP working. It's one thing to have beta program and autopilot not to work for the entire fleet, and another thing for a feature to work for majority of cars and not on their own car.

My grip is that my car does not have something working that is currently working in 80-90 % of the AP2 cars out there. It leads me to think whether my car was "defective" compared to all the other cars with functioning AP.
Exactly. I don't want argue with these "outsiders" It's so easy to be cool at it when you are not Involved. What will they say if their brand new car don't have any driver assistance and visited SC multiple times with no result. What will they say if their car had working cruise control before but after 8.1 everything stoped to work? It has been almost 3 weeks but still no official explanation from Tesla.

We claim "beta" over hardware and software designs, because there always exist uncovered bugs and the designs are not supposed to be used in mission-critical or life supporting applications. In other words, use at your own risk and we are not responsible! The spec can also be beta for there're always "typos" to be found.
Do you have working AP, TACC, auto headlight?

Last edited: