Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.14.35 - Does it fix AP2 "Cruise not available" ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 17.14.35 last night and drove today around 150 miles but my AP features are not available starting with just right after new firmware was installed. it is already evening and not planning to drive anymore today so hopefully AP will come back tomorrow on new firmware... side note, AP was available for me right before I hit "install now" when I was on 17.14.23.... as soon as I get this new firmware 17.14.35 to calibrate cameras and make my AP available I let you know if it goes away at any moment :) hopefully not!

I installed 17.14.35 last night and drove today around 150 miles but my AP features are not available starting with just right after new firmware was installed. it is already evening and not planning to drive anymore today so hopefully AP will come back tomorrow on new firmware... side note, AP was available for me right before I hit "install now" when I was on 17.14.23.... as soon as I get this new firmware 17.14.35 to calibrate cameras and make my AP available I let you know if it goes away at any moment :) hopefully not!

Prior to the new update, did AP always work for you?

From ev-fw, looks like about 20 cars have this, where almost 1000 have the other 8.1 versions. It may be a special version being installed at SC's as was said to see if the 'all AP down' issue is corrected as it might have a special function to 'correct' it that can only be run by the SC. Do we know the magnitude of this? Hard to count from TMC posts.

What else is weird about it is that it appears to be a version created 3 weeks ago now (17.14 is week of April 2, from what we understand of the numbering), the same week of the 'other 8.1 version' which fixed the FWD issue, I believe, 17.14.23.

so far today I did just a few miles,.. I will do around 200 miles tomorrow on 17.14.35... 150 miles done so far on 17.14.35 during last 2 days but AP features are not available at all until now...

anyone who is on 17.14.35 completed their re-calibration and have AP features available already?

ok! so this morning autopilot features came available on 17.14.35.... so far drove 100 miles on it and so far so good. I don't see any improvements in autopilot behavior compared to 17.14.23 or 17.11.10...

autopilot came available after 2 days and 150+ miles since installing update of 17.14.35... hopefully autopilot will not go away again as it is used to be on previous firmware versions.... I will keep you posted :) I need to drive 100 miles today and again tomorrow and next day another 200 miles a day. We shall see.

Reactions: boaterva
ok! so this morning autopilot features came available on 17.14.35.... so far drove 100 miles on it and so far so good. I don't see any improvements in autopilot behavior compared to 17.14.23 or 17.11.10...

autopilot came available after 2 days and 150+ miles since installing update of 17.14.35... hopefully autopilot will not go away again as it is used to be on previous firmware versions.... I will keep you posted :) I need to drive 100 miles today and again tomorrow and next day another 200 miles a day. We shall see.

That's good news! Hopefully it stays going strong!

How did you get 17.14.35? Was it OTA or did it get loaded at the service center?

My car was at Service Center for a few days and picked it up on Thursday with 17.14.23 installed but there was already notification about new update (so car downloaded it while was still at Service Center) so when I got back home I hit "install now" on Thursday evening :) which installed 17.14.35.... Friday and Saturday AP features were not available for total about 155 miles and Sunday morning AP was available to me so far 100 miles today but another 100 in about 3-4 hours to do... my AP used to go out ("Cruise not available" message and none AP features available) for 1-2 days every 3-4 days... so hopefully it will not happen now :)