Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here with a P100D who received the new update that was previously on 17.11.3?

I was on 17.11.3 and updated with 17.16.35 on Wednesday, and then again last night to 17.17.4. The interim update added auto lane change, lane departure, auto steer to 80 and several summons updates. Last night update as addressed above. Rain in LA today, auto wipers would have been nice but at least I'll have auto high beams tonight. ;)

Reactions: cdub
I was on 17.11.3 and updated with 17.16.35 on Wednesday, and then again last night to 17.17.4. The interim update added auto lane change, lane departure, auto steer to 80 and several summons updates. Last night update as addressed above. Rain in LA today, auto wipers would have been nice but at least I'll have auto high beams tonight. ;)

Interesting, I haven't seen $hit since 3/30. :(

17.11.3 had all that. 17.16.35 was minor bug fixes.

I agree with previous posters that 17.17.4 is a better 17.11.3. curves are less ping pong like but still takes a curve as a series of little wheel jerks. Really solid lane lines. Unmarked roads take longer to give AS which is a trend as AS has improved. Local autosteer went from drunk driving to ap1 parity. That's a slam dunk. I was able to go from highway to local highway with AS engaged and even when I disengaged as red light came I was able to continue using local AS without loss of safety. I'm pleased. My SvC has my gratitude. Go Highland Park!

Another interesting note: in a parking lot I noticed that this firmware is causing AP2 to detect perpendicular cars (e.g. cross traffic, cars pulling in and out of parking spots)! It's fairly consistent. The screen does not draw them very correctly (they show up as stopped cars going in your direction), but I'd imagine AP/TACC would respond to them in much the same way.

I haven't dared to try to see if this means TACC would give collision warnings or react to cross traffic.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Got the update (17.17.4) ... any of you ever been in the car while it updates? It's pretty interesting. The car runs some kind of diagnostic or self check. I recorded a video to share my experience.

I also show the release notes and Easter eggs. Lots of fun

Enjoy

Reactions: Sawyer8888
So is AP useable on local roads wth this update?

Well, the video posted above by Bladerskb clearly shows AP2 is completely FUBAR. It's a good bet that any and all statements or videos that AP2 works on local roads are a vast conspiracy. The Tesla team is primarily now focused on producing these fake videos, having finally realized, as Bladerskb and others here have astutely observed, that self driving vehicles are really not possible. ;)

RT

So is AP useable on local roads wth this update?

People are going to have differing views on what constitutes "useable". To me, it means conferring an advantage in safety, stress, and/or fatigue compared to driving yourself. Based on that criterion the release this one is replacing fails dismally.

A true AP experience on roads that have intersections, traffic lights, people pulling out of driveways, children running after rolling balls, etc. is probably still years away. I'll be happy if this new release does simple lane-keeping and TACC reliably.

In the release notes it says that if no speed limit is detected the top speed is 45MPH. In you video, you are over 45 and there is no indication of the speed limit sign on your display. Off video you may have been going slower--just a thought why no aP.
I'm fairly sure that this "No lines? No Autopilot" video is not form 17.17.4 nor even AP2.

This is looking to be one of the slower roll-outs of AP2 software. Only 19 people on ev-fw have it after about 36 hours, when many releases are at 100-200 cars by now. This is even slower than the previous AEB release which only made it to about 25% of the cars but rolled out twice as fast in the first 24 hours.

In fact, given the velocity of updates yesterday and then the sudden stop, makes me wonder if they found a bug that halted the release. Nothing like releasing software on a Friday evening to ruin some engineering team's weekend.