Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.22.46 highway driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my model x back from service today, new software installed. Was very excited to try out the new "silky smooth" ap2.... ehhhhh. Drove from burns park sc to san clemente and for those who drive in the carpool lane all the time i think you'll be dissatisfied greatly, anytime the lane widened like it does all the time the car slams now to one side or the other, like real quick and not one time did it just simply follow the car in front... really pretty basic ap1 characteristics. It also seemed to loose the yellow lines and white lines when solid quite frequently.

If your driving in the 3rd lane it's good because it can follow the stripped lanes well but it was doing that before this update so not sure of the real improvement here.

Tacc is definitely changed and I'm not sure I like it better yet? It's just different and my experience it was a little harsher than before. I drive 200 miles a day all freeway and no ap miles on highway or undivided roads so I'm not sure it's better or worse there. It's just different on the freeway.

Hopefully we will get another new update soon to actually get us at parity but imho this didn't do it at all... fingers crossed it happens soon.