Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.24.28 released - improved 'silky' update from 17.22.46?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 17.24.28 in my AP1 installed last night. All I can see so far is that the alphabetic selection bar for albums in the USB player now appears to be not functioning properly. I removed the USB stick when I arrived at the office, and will reinsert it when I go home. Maybe it needs to reload for whatever this update did to work properly...

The USB first letter selection bar seems to be working correctly in our S 100D with 17.24.28.

If you're having problems - suggest re-inserting the USB. If that doesn't work, try doing a console reboot. And, as a last resort try using a different USB (or possibly changing the label on the USB you are using).

And, if that doesn't work - contact Tesla - it's possible the firmware didn't update properly.

Some things have changet at least with the AP backend: on my 2014 AP1 with 17.24.28, the speed limit DB / detection has changed from earlier firmwares: I keep getting lots of faulty detections. AP Speed restrictions are now applied to even more roads, and often wrong: 70 km/h in 80 km/h zones, detecting 50 and 60 km/h local roads as 80 km/h (which is the legal default) and resetting speed limit in between signs etc...

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
can someone confirm ap is limitted to speed pannels detected ? not +3 or +5 like before ?
and if i go on a highway last pannel seen 70 km/h will limit me to 70 instead of 130km/h ? ( witch pannel could be 10km away ... )
it would be a problem here as minimum speed on highway is 80 km/h

ap still limited to 150 km/h ( 93 miles ) ?

I had a chance to drive a bit with 17.24.28 today in my HW2 S.

Highway:
- got confused when cars were merging in adjacent lanes and slowed down unexpectedly

Local parkway/roads:
- slows down for large curves (but too much, quickly dropping 20+ mph when 10 would be plenty. Gets confused a bit and bounces around with the speed)
:eek:
So, good advice may be to warn friends and loved ones to try not to drive behind (or even near) Teslas.

:eek:
So, good advice may be to warn friends and loved ones to try not to drive behind (or even near) Teslas.
He’s talking about small slowdowns for curves and TACC attempting to create a following distance gap to cars in adjacent lanes rather than just their own lanes (which arguably is good driving practice but humans hate letting others into their lane). Unless your friends and loved ones are Sandra Bullock driving a bus with a speed-triggered bomb, I think the motoring public is safe from Tesla....

He’s talking about small slowdowns for curves and TACC attempting to create a following distance gap to cars in adjacent lanes rather than just their own lanes (which arguably is good driving practice but humans hate letting others into their lane). Unless your friends and loved ones are Sandra Bullock driving a bus with a speed-triggered bomb, I think the motoring public is safe from Tesla....
It's the tailgaters not expecting you to suddenly slow down.

It's the tailgaters not expecting you to suddenly slow down.
Exactly. I engaged auto steer while going 70 with traffic in the 90/94 express lanes and my X decelerated 15 miles an hour immediately to 55 -- in all previous high speed AS firmware, the car knew that the express lanes were interstate highway.

I was honked at and swerved around by the car behind me. But I could have easily been rear ended if traffic were heavier or if the driver behind me was not tuned in.

• Informative
Reactions: oktane and croman
I'm not positive as I'm still on 17.22.46 but I think 17.24.28 is going to be best on the AP2 cars based on how they stopped doing 17.22.46.... total placebo I know, but I am starting to think tesla is secretly observing other cars so they can update my specific car with the best firmware.... so thoughtful of them to think of me :)