TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

17.24.28 released

Discussion in 'Model X' started by fredz, Jun 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fredz

fredz Member

Seems 17.24.28 was just released for AP2. TeslaFi just informed me (but I am still at 17.22.46 on my X 100D).

Software version 17.24.28 was just detected on a Tesla model S75D with Autopilot 2 hardware. The highest previous version was 17.22.46. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

• Informative x 2
  2. rpm001

rpm001 Member

This could be the wider rollout of silky-smooth perhaps. I saw someone on reddit posted they had it. But now I can't find that post.

3. dmcmillen

dmcmillen Member

I just updated my S75D now, but it came back with 17.22.46.

4. wesley888

wesley888 Member

AP1 or AP2?

• Like x 1
  5. fredz

fredz Member

Both AP1 and AP2 have 17.22.46.

• Informative x 1
  6. fredz

fredz Member

The guy who has it is in Illinois, according to TeslaFi.

7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

No one has reported this one to ev-fw yet, and this would really be new, as week 24 is this week! May really be the one Elon promised (perhaps EST is shrinking to normal.... :D).

8. hill

hill Member

I sure hope they haven't crashed .... w/ this, the latest silky smooth.
    ;)

• Like x 1
  9. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a typo.

10. jayman

jayman Member

It came from teslafi and also what a coincidence the weeks would match so I doubt a typo

11. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

#11 boaterva, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    And one of them just added it to ev-fw.... Edit: It happened to be an AP1. Hard to say if it's for both or not; some recent releases have seemed to be for one version, some not!

upload_2017-6-16_12-59-37.png

• Like x 1
  12. NEGA S85

NEGA S85 New Member

Not a typo. Got my MS 85 (Nov 14 build, with AP1) back from service in Decatur, GA this morning. The concierge said that it was loaded with a new update, but I would need to run it. Did so over lunch. Looking at my Tesla App, it says "Version 17.24.28" (up from 17.22.46).

I have not driven it yet, but will be interested in what shows up on release notes in the car and the drive home.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  13. rpm001

rpm001 Member

Report back soon!

And please update ev-fw.com

14. nasell

nasell Member

Must've just missed you - was at the Decatur service center today...wish it was for just an update!

15. mgeroche

mgeroche New Member

I just got 17.24.28 update from a Tesla Service Ranger on my Model S 75D AP2.0. Update notes say Autopark: Perpendicular Parking and Display Brightness are new. Nothing about a smoother AP2. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet to see.

Attached Files:

16. nasell

nasell Member

I'm on a loaner 90D with 17.22.46. It seemed very jumpy on stop and go traffic. Short drive down I85 took the bend well, smooth, didn't jerk.

The I85/I20 interchange still needed a takeover. It's a really wide lane, if you can envision it, most cars hug the inside line as it curves to the left. The tesla goes straight until it hits the right line, then starts to turn. Since it's a very large lane, the car starts to rapidly accelerate, thinking it's in it's own lane.

17. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Email just arrived but no release number:

Autopilot Updates

We just released the latest version of Autopilot. You can now experience Enhanced Autopilot features including Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, Autosteer, Auto Lane Change, Parallel + Perpendicular Autopark, and Summon. Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward + Side Collision Warning, and more advanced safety features are also active and standard.

All Tesla vehicles have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver. And Tesla vehicles continue to improve with over-the-air software updates, introducing new features and improving existing functionality to make your vehicle safer and more capable over time.

• Informative x 2
  18. jfarlow12

jfarlow12 Member

I picked up my car at the service center this morning and received this update. My car is a MS60 AP2 running 17.24.28 fw. Just went out for a drive and it is much improved as far as the lane adjustments and smoothness. Lane changing is more abrupt than before, but it feels "confident". I had a loaner MX AP1 and the feeling is very similar on the highway. Not so jerky. Still doesn't see cars in adjacent lanes, nor does it distinguish semi's or motorcycles. Overall I'd say its a big improvement.

• Informative x 2
  19. jfarlow12

jfarlow12 Member

Here is a screenshot of the fw version.

Attached Files:

20. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy P100D Upgrade complete

Got the update today as well to 17.24.28 on my AP1 car, only thing I've noticed is the easter egg menu has been added finally for my AP1 car. It was not in my previous firmware 17.18.50 but was showing up in ap2 cars at the same firmware...