Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.24.28 released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has released AP 2 for local roads long time ago.
I think there is a huge difference between where AP CAN be used and where it SHOULD be used...
I use it on the freeway all the time because I feel confident using it there.
And I never get the "hold steering wheel" message because I hold it all the time. It still makes driving so much more relaxing!

I use TACC on local roads (and not AP) because of all the lights, stop signs, intersections, poor (or missing) lane markings, parked cars, lane shifts, etc.
It makes no sense for ME to use AP on those roads. But that's just my opinion where I WANT to use AP, not where I can use it...
Until it can do more on local roads I enjoy my longer commutes on the freeway.

Reactions: 1 person
What would be nice is for Tesla to implement a roll-back feature, just like Microsoft does for windows. When Microsoft bungles an update that borks your system you can do a simple system roll-back and get back to where you were before the update. Tesla should do the same, have a roll back option to 'skip over' the most recent FW update just in case it does something not good. :) I would love to simply click a button on the screen to roll back to 17.17.17 and skip over the 17.24.XX update.

How dare you roll back the firmware on Tesla's car? They had a good reason for that update, like reducing your performance to reduce Tesla's warranty costs, or to reduce functionality for increased PR.

/s

Reactions: jlarmstr
Just got this rev today in my AP1 Model S. The release notes only say that they are continuing to improve my Model S experience. Has anyone been able to devine what specific enhancements are included?

IMG_20170629_181646.jpg