Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.24.28 released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bugs that I noticed fixed so far (AP1):

1. XM station list now shows up
2. suggested destination on startup no longer causes reboot

The enhancement that I have noticed so far:

1. Wake from sleep much faster
2. Connects to summon much faster
3. Identification of vehicles and road lines seems much faster

All in all this is good improvement.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I drive a HW1 Model S that recently got this update. My commute is on a freeway that has many sweeping turns. On many previous releases, the car would go towards the inside of the turn (turning a little too soon) at the beginning of the turn. It would go back to properly centered partway through the turn. Its display would show it was off center as would my eyes watching the road. The behavior was pretty consistent, happening about 80% of the time. It never went over the line, but if another car was beside me I sometimes took over.
With the new release, 17.24.28, it now stays centered 80% of the time, a big improvement.
I've found steering to be smooth for quite some time, so can't claim it has become smoother.

yes, centering is soooo much better now, love it!

Wake from sleep much faster

Interesting point.

I got my X last weekend with 17.24.28. Next morning I got "Air Suspense Needs service" warning. As long as I started the car or operated the touch screen, it went away. I got this message 4 times so far.

I drove over 250 miles since and did not notice any issue with suspense.

I contacted service center and made an appointment. After seeing numbers of owners got the same message (see separate thread) right after update, I suspect this is a software bug.

I talked to Tesla service this morning. They told me it is most likely software bugs and started seeing more people having the same issue. It has something to do with the wake up timing. Since you mentioned waking up seems much faster, maybe the computer wakes up before the air suspension fully wakes up.

Please report back if anyone sees the same message.

Reactions: systemcrashed
Interesting point.

I got my X last weekend with 17.24.28. Next morning I got "Air Suspense Needs service" warning. As long as I started the car or operated the touch screen, it went away. I got this message 4 times so far.

I drove over 250 miles since and did not notice any issue with suspense.

I contacted service center and made an appointment. After seeing numbers of owners got the same message (see separate thread) right after update, I suspect this is a software bug.

I talked to Tesla service this morning. They told me it is most likely software bugs and started seeing more people having the same issue. It has something to do with the wake up timing. Since you mentioned waking up seems much faster, maybe the computer wakes up before the air suspension fully wakes up.

Please report back if anyone sees the same message.

i was driving a AP2 P100D MS yesterday with this latest update and it said the exact same thing until i started moving...

however the AP2 MX 90D i'm driving (with SAS) hasn't said it, and it also has the latest update...

20170621_171549_resized.jpg

Just tested 17.24.28 earlier this evening on a AP1 X and I have to admit, it is a lot smoother. The acceleration/deceleration was the biggest improvement so it's much smoother when following other vehicles. Also, I found that it handles off-ramps much better (doesn't try to take it) and doesn't get nearly as confused and more smoothly handles it.

However, I still don't like that it doesn't use the full lane width and always drives in the middle lane no matter if there is a shoulder on one side and a transport truck on the other.

But much improved indeed. Silk underwear was a good investment. :D

I drive a HW1 Model S that recently got this update. My commute is on a freeway that has many sweeping turns. On many previous releases, the car would go towards the inside of the turn (turning a little too soon) at the beginning of the turn. It would go back to properly centered partway through the turn. Its display would show it was off center as would my eyes watching the road. The behavior was pretty consistent, happening about 80% of the time. It never went over the line, but if another car was beside me I sometimes took over.
With the new release, 17.24.28, it now stays centered 80% of the time, a big improvement.
I've found steering to be smooth for quite some time, so can't claim it has become smoother.
Same here. I noticed a dramatic improvement on roads that it normally cannot handle. The road was recently painted so I wasn't sure what the cause was. I will keep testing as I took a lot of video of my hour commute over the last few months so I can compare all the places it used to fail to see if it still does.

• Informative
Reactions: Helmuth
AP2 - It's really silky smooth! Yesterday I used 17.24.28 AP2 on my 2 month old HW2 Model X for 60 miles on local highways with many curves at 55 MPH. No ping-ponging as before even on some pretty sharp corners that most of us would have usually taken at slower speeds. It's also smoother on the 25 to 40 mph roads with poor or missing road paint. Only one instance of erratic behaviour (at a traffic light at 10 mph). Good job Elon and the hardworking software team! Today I plan to try it on freeways at 75 mph. I'm in Canada (speeds converted from metric).

Why don't I have the update on my AP2 X60D?
It's not a mass rollout yet. Right now, anyone with AP2 who takes new delivery or goes into the service center for an appointment will get this update. But AP1 is seeing a mass rollout over wifi.

It generally means that this isn't the final software yet, and they are either testing it on a small population or working on some bugfix they want to be a part of the rollout.

Long story short, it's delayed. 95% of us don't have it, so it's not unusual.

you could think of some random thing that you would like them to check at the service center like a squeaky FWD or you want the new FWD switches or something. LOL! :D

then you could tell them to push the update to your car at the same time.

Many service centers are heavily booked, so just going in to work the system to get your upgrade a bit earlier is a bad idea.

It will come "soon".

So... I finally figured out how to get one (being real bored and all that, and tesla blacklisting my loaner from getting new releases apparently, to make it more interesting for me).

Here's the real changelog:
- In Taiwan only: navigation and autopilot enabled, requests to connect to internet do download maps for navigation.
- In Taiwan HongKong and Macau: Enabled autosteer.
- In Taiwan only: Summon is enabled
- In Taiwan HongKong and Macau: Enabled parallel autopark
- Everywhere but Korea (on AP2 only) Perpendicular autopark. (same as in 17.22)
- Note about energy consumption estimation update on 100D and X 60D - everywhere but North America and Korea. (same as in 17.22)
- On model X without easy entry option: the note about "Top Tether Position for Child Safety Seats" (same as in 17.22)
- Everywhere but Korea: the note about autobrightness and autohighbeam (same as in 17.22)

Oddly the "previous release notes" part is empty.

AP2 does not appear to have significant changes compared to 17.22.46, the trained neural net and convolution kernels are the same (and also same as in 17.17.4)