Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.24.28 released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems 17.24.28 was just released for AP2. TeslaFi just informed me (but I am still at 17.22.46 on my X 100D).

Software version 17.24.28 was just detected on a Tesla model S75D with Autopilot 2 hardware. The highest previous version was 17.22.46. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

• Informative
Reactions: vgrinshpun and Beef
And one of them just added it to ev-fw.... Edit: It happened to be an AP1. Hard to say if it's for both or not; some recent releases have seemed to be for one version, some not!

upload_2017-6-16_12-59-37.png

Last edited:
Reactions: wesley888
Not a typo. Got my MS 85 (Nov 14 build, with AP1) back from service in Decatur, GA this morning. The concierge said that it was loaded with a new update, but I would need to run it. Did so over lunch. Looking at my Tesla App, it says "Version 17.24.28" (up from 17.22.46).

I have not driven it yet, but will be interested in what shows up on release notes in the car and the drive home.

Not a typo. Got my MS 85 (Nov 14 build, with AP1) back from service in Decatur, GA this morning. The concierge said that it was loaded with a new update, but I would need to run it. Did so over lunch. Looking at my Tesla App, it says "Version 17.24.28" (up from 17.22.46).

I have not driven it yet, but will be interested in what shows up on release notes in the car and the drive home.

Report back soon!

And please update ev-fw.com

Must've just missed you - was at the Decatur service center today...wish it was for just an update!

Must've just missed you - was at the Decatur service center today...wish it was for just an update!
I just got 17.24.28 update from a Tesla Service Ranger on my Model S 75D AP2.0. Update notes say Autopark: Perpendicular Parking and Display Brightness are new. Nothing about a smoother AP2. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet to see.

Attachments

• IMG_1942.JPG
    IMG_1942.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 245
I'm on a loaner 90D with 17.22.46. It seemed very jumpy on stop and go traffic. Short drive down I85 took the bend well, smooth, didn't jerk.

The I85/I20 interchange still needed a takeover. It's a really wide lane, if you can envision it, most cars hug the inside line as it curves to the left. The tesla goes straight until it hits the right line, then starts to turn. Since it's a very large lane, the car starts to rapidly accelerate, thinking it's in it's own lane.

Email just arrived but no release number:

Autopilot Updates

We just released the latest version of Autopilot. You can now experience Enhanced Autopilot features including Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, Autosteer, Auto Lane Change, Parallel + Perpendicular Autopark, and Summon. Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward + Side Collision Warning, and more advanced safety features are also active and standard.

All Tesla vehicles have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver. And Tesla vehicles continue to improve with over-the-air software updates, introducing new features and improving existing functionality to make your vehicle safer and more capable over time.

I picked up my car at the service center this morning and received this update. My car is a MS60 AP2 running 17.24.28 fw. Just went out for a drive and it is much improved as far as the lane adjustments and smoothness. Lane changing is more abrupt than before, but it feels "confident". I had a loaner MX AP1 and the feeling is very similar on the highway. Not so jerky. Still doesn't see cars in adjacent lanes, nor does it distinguish semi's or motorcycles. Overall I'd say its a big improvement.

Got the update today as well to 17.24.28 on my AP1 car, only thing I've noticed is the easter egg menu has been added finally for my AP1 car. It was not in my previous firmware 17.18.50 but was showing up in ap2 cars at the same firmware...