Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Skysurfer

In your drive you saw no unexplained slow downs?

Also, did you find you are limited to +5 over the speed limit on the highway?
Did not have any unexpected slow downs. Closest to an unexpected slowdown was a semi riding close to the line being interpreted by autopilot as over the line, causing it to back off quickly. Other than that, it was very well behaved. Seemed like it did better heading into the direct sun than before. Still was a bit unstable and would lose the right or left lane markers but was usable, with the past update I would end up just switching it off due to the it constantly losing the lanes and drifting all over the place.

Speed was not capped at +5 on the interstate, it would happily do whatever I set it at below 90. I had one highway that dropped down to a 4 lane local road with stop lights and it reduced the speed to +5 at the first speed limit sign. Was surprised, as I expected it to drop down to my +4 TACC offset as it had been doing for the past several months.

AP1 75D and just got the update. It's completely screwed up my nav. Auto resizing doesn't work properly anymore so big screen is always too far zoomed out on the map to be helpful. Only way to fix is to Constantly zoom and scroll. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?

AP1 75D and just got the update. It's completely screwed up my nav. Auto resizing doesn't work properly anymore so big screen is always too far zoomed out on the map to be helpful. Only way to fix is to Constantly zoom and scroll. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?
I've been told it's a good idea to do a full reboot after a software update, give that a try and see if the problem goes away

Reactions: Tazman

My zoom had reset itself after this update as well. To fix:

1. While on surface streets (which gives you the "zoomed in" view), change the zoom level to the way you want it for surface streets. Note that you can use the +/- buttons, and you can also do a 2-finger "pinch/stretch" to get the zoom level exactly how you want.
  2. Enter a freeway so the system goes to the "zoomed out" view. Change that zoom level to the way you want it for freeways/highways.
  3. The system will remember each zoom level that you independently set for the zoomed-in and zoomed-out view as you enter/exit freeways.

On my AP1 vehicle, I have noticed the forward collision warning is more sensitive now. I use the "Medium" setting. I'm getting warnings as I approach a stop sign where the forward vehicle has already started accelerating from a stop. I see this on my daily commute route, so it's not an environment or driving style change.

Not a big deal. I prefer to be warned, even with false positives, to avoid potential collisions. But there is a change since the last update.

Reactions: wesley888
HW1 Model S upgraded to 17.24.28 two weeks ago. I only use auto steer on highways but did not notice any difference in behavior. The only issue I had was, when parked, I had several incidents where the car stopped communicating with the app and when I got in the car, the center screen did not power up and the dashboard had a message that the system was restarting and to start car after this message disappears. After that occurred twice I rebooted and all seemed OK.
Yesterday I was talking to Tesla Support and they said that was a known issue that had been corrected. They then pushed 17.24.30. I will update this post or start a .30 post if I have any issues.
I did notice an Elektrek article yesterday that said .30 was the 'long awaited' Linux kernel update that should pave the way for some of the upgrades that have been promised. We'll see.

Just did 200+ miles on 17.24.28 on US-69. I have done this road numerous times before... No major AP1 changes or surprises, except no speed restrictions on one particular patch that always used to be restricted. So that was a positive change.

Works ok for me as far as AP1 goes.

I just did a short drive. On some roads, it did not display a speed limit on the IC so apparently didn't know the speed limit on that stretch of road, but limited my autopilot speed to 45 MPH. As soon as I passed a 45 MPH speed limit sign, autopilot adjusted my speed up to 50. I've never seen the arbitrary 45 MPH speed limit cap on autopilot before.