Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.24.30 HW2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh good to know. Didn't realize this. I thought these were rolling out over the last week. This is nuts.

FWIW when they don't do a mass rollout there's usually a good reason. Tesla is not the kind of company that sits on well baked code. Keep an eye on EV-FW to get an idea of what types of cars are getting the update, and use the "raw data" view to see if it's coming from wifi, 3G, or service center.

I am a new X owner. I got my car with 17.24.28. I found it work very well on except the first morning commute. The first morning was quite inconsistent. Heavy brake, sudden slow down, hug to the right size of the lane. Then after 100 miles, it got much much better and to the point i felt very comfortable using it on hwy 80% of the time of my long daily commute

Then I got the 17.24.30 2 days ago. Things turned ugly again. Same problems popped up. Then, again, after 50 miles. Work well again.

I suspect that every fw upgrade may recalibrate the camera or the system needs to relearn our habit

• Disagree
Reactions: BigD0g
Ahh good to know. Didn't realize this. I thought these were rolling out over the last week. This is nuts.

Trust me, you don't want it. They need to fix the geofencing issue / Tom Tom maps DB before pushing this wide to AP2. I called and asked the SC if they could revert me back to 17.17.4 until a fix is ready, but sadly it's a one way door, you can never go back =(.

Reactions: jlarmstr
I am a new X owner. I got my car with 17.24.28. I found it work very well on except the first morning commute. The first morning was quite inconsistent. Heavy brake, sudden slow down, hug to the right size of the lane. Then after 100 miles, it got much much better and to the point i felt very comfortable using it on hwy 80% of the time of my long daily commute

Then I got the 17.24.30 2 days ago. Things turned ugly again. Same problems popped up. Then, again, after 50 miles. Work well again.

I suspect that every fw upgrade may recalibrate the camera or the system needs to relearn our habit

Let's be abundantly clear, the system isn't learning / adapting crap dynamically in your car. They take disengagement reports and send them back to the mothership for analysis and then they update the algorithms and give you the next software update with the improved software. But, we really just need to kill this entire BS of learning and training the car when we are driving, because that is simply not happening. The only deep learning that is going on is for sign, lane recognition etc to feed the neural net. The cars are completely driven by selecting the correct algorithm, no learning going on in each individual car.

Yeah, it was a double whammy. Not only did my car need service, they updated it to this garbage release while there.

I would not call it garbage, garbage -- I just don't think it was polished off for AP2 cars just yet. Some things it has done very well, and just today -- could be my imagination -- but the hard braking seems a bit better overall especially when approaching stopped cars, a calibration period? mmmm, don't know.

Let's be abundantly clear, the system isn't learning / adapting crap dynamically in your car. They take disengagement reports and send them back to the mothership for analysis and then they update the algorithms and give you the next software update with the improved software. But, we really just need to kill this entire BS of learning and training the car when we are driving, because that is simply not happening. The only deep learning that is going on is for sign, lane recognition etc to feed the neural net. The cars are completely driven by selecting the correct algorithm, no learning going on in each individual car.
I didn't I was right, but how do you so sure?

I agree, no "learning" is going on. People need to be careful with that word.

However, @Doctt was basically describing the calibration period all AP2 cars had to go through. Maybe Tesla decided to allow us to use AP even during the initial calibration period? It was rather annoying not even having basic cruise control for the first 50 miles of ownership.

Holy cow! This post describes is EXACTLY what I've experienced this past 2 weeks on .28 and .30 respectively. I know people doubt the car is learning, but the car is improving and changing behavior on the same stretches of road with each new day.

Noooppperr I think they may have got the info wrong. The .28 had the kernel from what I am told. .30 was to fix a few things the .28 broke. When I talked to the girl at my SC she told me that the .28 also included something to do with the OS and .30 was quickly put out to fix the false air suspension error message. Though she could have been wrong I guess.