Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.24.30 HW2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished installing on my HW2 X.

Previously I had the 17.24.28 abomination.

Fingers-crossed. I mean, it can't be worse. Right?

IMG_7640.JPG

(I believe these are the same release notes from 17.24.28)

hmm,
did not appear to fix what? one part of AP issues? can you elaborate?
I find that AP brakes much harder and way too early when approaching stopped (or very slow relatively moving) cars compared to my prior version (17.17.17). My prior FW was much smoother in my opinion and more closely mimicked how I normally brake driving manually. Also, lane changing is sporadic on divided highways. In he cases where it just worked it was way better than my old FW but about 1/3 of the attempts it gets stuck between lanes and loses the lane, jerks over and back. Had similar issues on 17.17.17 but not as frequent. There are points of definite improvements but just as many where it is a step back in my opinion.

The weird braking is what I noted is no different.

Also, this is all very subjective what seems weird to me may be ok with you.

I find that AP brakes much harder and way too early when approaching stopped (or very slow relatively moving) cars compared to my prior version (17.17.17). My prior FW was much smoother in my opinion and more closely mimicked how I normally brake driving manually. Also, lane changing is sporadic on divided highways. In he cases where it just worked it was way better than my old FW but about 1/3 of the attempts it gets stuck between lanes and loses the lane, jerks over and back. Had similar issues on 17.17.17 but not as frequent. There are points of definite improvements but just as many where it is a step back in my opinion.

The weird braking is what I noted is no different.

Also, this is all very subjective what seems weird to me may be ok with you.

you are correct, when i was driving both the MS & MX last week with AP2 it grabbed the brakes hard, almost agressively as soon as a car came into it's "view" even if it was 10 car lengths ahead. then it would creep up so slowly that people would jump over in front of me.

you are correct, when i was driving both the MS & MX last week with AP2 it grabbed the brakes hard, almost agressively as soon as a car came into it's "view" even if it was 10 car lengths ahead. then it would creep up so slowly that people would jump over in front of me.
Thank goodness someone else has this too. It was driving me crazy, this is exactly it.

Reactions: SlyWombat

Thank goodness someone else has this too. It was driving me crazy, this is exactly it.

Interesting thanks for sharing.

and this is happening on .30 as well?

What did I miss? why was 17.24.28 an abomination?
Poor acceleration/deceleration, poor lane identification, poor lane-keeping, poor lane-changes. Nearly every AP2 person who received it (and it appears only to have come from SC appointments) found it to be a regression.

.30 is not much better, unfortunately. On my drives today, it was not as good as 17.17.4 was for me. Long turns are smoother, that is true -- if you're brave enough to have AP on!

Expected-Autopilot remains at AP1 parody.

Reactions: jlarmstr
Interesting thanks for sharing.

and this is happening on .30 as well?
I just drove it to lunch. A few miles. Not much different. A post on another forum confirmed my suspicion that .30 was a hot fix for the air suspension false warning issue. Also they confirmed with their service center that the TACC/AP geofencing is broken and could result on the car thinking it is on a different road with different speed limit which will result in random hard braking.

I just drove 1000km in the last two days and 95% was highway on AP, no issues on the highway, city streets, as above, jerky braking, odd distance being left (if any) from stopped car etc...., worse for city driving than 17.17.17. Only issues with highway driving was the lane changing still has that indecisive jerking at times, but that was always there. Corners are smooth, but still room for improvement.

I just drove 1000km in the last two days and 95% was highway on AP, no issues on the highway, city streets, as above, jerky braking, odd distance being left (if any) from stopped car etc...., worse for city driving than 17.17.17. Only issues with highway driving was the lane changing still has that indecisive jerking at times, but that was always there. Corners are smooth, but still room for improvement.

Yeah, HW seems to be ok, lane changing is hit or miss for me.... though I feel that it is too sensitive to distance keeping... I am an engineer, so this may sound Greek -- but it is behaving like a bad PID tuning with too much proportional and not enough integrated :)

Reactions: Fiddler