TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

17.26.17 Driving/AP 2.0 Testing Video

Discussion in 'Model X' started by wallstguy, Jul 2, 2017.

1. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

My first time making such a video, so feel free to give me some feedback on what to do/not to do going forward haha.

• Like x 4
  2. Rafaelm

Rafaelm Member

Couldn't get audio

And what do you have against wipers? :)

• Funny x 1
  3. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Fixed the audio, for some reason it removed all my audio when I was playing around on youtube haha. It's just music for the most part haha.

Wipers on the X aren't the best, they always leave a "smear" so I avoid using them unless I have to.

Curious what the 2 down votes are for

4. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

BTW I liked your video. But hearing that you had radio going with USA songs, I kind of expected that YouTube would mute it or take down the video soon thereafter. That’s a lesson I learned the hard way the first few times I made a video – always mute the radio before recording.

5. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Yeah that was the issue I was having earlier, they took it down and asked me to replace the music on certain time slots. I did so and apparently as long as its under 30 seconds, its fine so I just threw a bunch of songs under 30 seconds on the video haha

• Funny x 1
  6. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

A quick update now that I've been driving this more.

1) The new update helps a LOT with cars cutting you off. I.e. no longer slams the brakes when someone enters your lane even a distance away, slowly decreases speed - LOVE THIS!

2) Detects slopes a lot better (i.e. when going uphill in the past, the car would swerve a bit at the "peak"/about to go down) - works perfect!

3) Speed limit glitch exists pretty much everywhere - I can drive at whatever speed I want on Autopilot above the speed limit - I like this one haha.

4) Still a little annoying with the random braking and unable to change lanes

• Like x 2
  7. Doctt

Doctt Member

Whatl version did you have before getting 17.26.17? Thanks

8. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

9. DaddyP713

DaddyP713 Member

I'm glad to hear that item #2 is better. I'm on 17.22.46, and it does have some "uncertainty" when cresting hills.

10. hmmm

hmmm Member

Anyone with AP1 and on 17.26.17? It feels like the car is "bouncier" within a lane and doesn't slow down as smoothly as it used to in stop and go traffic.

11. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

Noticed exact same thing too this morning. AP1 X90D.

12. XHokie

XHokie Member

I have an X90D w/ AP1, on 17.26.17 and I actually feel it's smoother and significantly improved. My X tends to stay within the lines equally as well, if not better, but the improvements lie when driving now on local roads/highways. On local roads, I can now finally do 5mph over the speed limit (previous software version didn't allow that for me), and on some faster local highways, I can do at least 10-12mph over the speed limit, which is great when there is light traffic and/or things are moving. Also, when driving through traffic light intersections, the vehicle does a much better job of staying straight or in the "lane", even though the intersection doesn't have lane markings.

The one thing I will say can be improved is how smooth the X slows down when traffic is slowing down ahead of it. It tends to wait a second or two longer than I would prefer. However, I believe this may be an overall hardware limitation in that, with one camera, it will only be able to gauge so quickly, and radar/sonar will only be able notice that distance between a car far out in front that's slowing down up to a certain range. Not sure though...I may be wrong and there may be improvements still to be had there. I have chosen to apply the brakes on a few occasions where I felt that car would have done so more abruptly then I would have desired, but am confident it would have done it regardless.

Interstate travel is still great and no real complaints there. Overall, still incredibly happy with AP1 and how advanced it still is...apart from other Tesla's w/ AP2, no other EVs or ICE vehicles on the road can match what AP1 offers today.